Emotional depression...

On 7/19/2020 at 6:49 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Unfortunately most of us will never meet the right person and are doomed to a life of loneliness and sadness ( if we are honest with ourselves ). IMO that's why so many people take drugs, from alcohol to mj to hard drugs to LSD to try and stop feeling bad.

One of Henry David Thoreau's most frequently quoted sayings is "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/19/2020 at 12:34 PM, simon43 said:

You shouldn't assume that those who never meet the right people are doomed to a life of loneliness and sadness.  I was married 3 times, always to the 'wrong' person.  Having finally ditched the last wife/GF some years ago, I have found absolute contentment living alone.  I live alone, but I'm not lonely ????

I'm happy for you that you have found contentment living alone, but in my experience most will do anything to avoid the empty space in them, including marrying the wrong women.

I enjoy the freedom being single brings- no nagging hag from hell, no demands to make the bed every day, can eat whatever I like etc etc etc, but I miss the companionship only a close relationship can provide. I'd rather wake up next to someone I love than alone.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2020 at 11:20 PM, giddyup said:

One of Henry David Thoreau's most frequently quoted sayings is "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation."

He was a wise man.

Incidentally, this morning on radio I heard an interview with a counselor on being alone ( why is it that sort of job is always occupied by a female? ) and she spent the entire interview talking about how we can meet someone. I think women have a different outlook on life that is insurmountable.  If I pay a counselor about being alone, I'd want to know how to live alone better, not a manual on finding yet another women to destroy me.

On 7/19/2020 at 12:40 PM, BritManToo said:

You can dump the 'wrong person' and still enjoy the company of the kids.

No need to be alone or lonely.

PS

I don't take drugs or alcohol because I feel bad, I take them because I enjoy the feelings they give me.

Can't enjoy the kids if the courts give full custody to the mother.

I want a real friend for the last years of my life, but can't find one. I'd get a dog, but not allowed in my present accommodation. Hopefully that might change, but at the moment renting a house is too expensive for me to do so.

Alcohol never made me feel good, and won't try illegal drugs.

On 6/20/2020 at 4:36 AM, villageidiotY2K said:

I pretty much have nothing to look forward to everyday, and I've recently stopped drinking. Cuz alcohol seems to lower or numb the neurological stimulant in the brain whuch leads me to further sollow. 

You've already quit the booze, so if you have been drinking heavily for a while, you will naturally reap the rewards.

Your brain reprograms itself, and as the days and weeks pass, you will feel better and better. If you can keep it up for another month or 2, you will feel like a new man.

Getting bored is the biggest barrier to quitting booze, so make sure you always have things to do ???? Download some movies and TV series, get some exercise, read some books. Good luck ????