Emotional depression...

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Flook me !!!.... I’m not stalking you... But in the other thread you are blaming those outside of Thailand and away from their families for not being able to predict the unfolding events of lock down... and on this thread when a guy opens up about depression your response is not to offer any helpful advice but to write ‘join the club pal’.....

As I mentioned, I’m not stalking you, but when your comments are so repetitively insensitive you are highlighting yourself as an out and out complete and utter tool.

If you have experience of being bored why not offer advice of what you do to counter the boredom, such as trolling those who are encountering difficult times for your kicks.....

The cycling recommendation was a good one. If the Op can get to an area which is nice and quiet - cycling is enjoyable exercise (Bikes in Decathalon are not expensive either).

But he's not 'depressed' is he, he is just bored. As for offering advice, absolutely no point as no one ever takes any notice of what anyone says anyway. You actually think that someone needs to be told about going out on a bike?? has the op even returned to this thread? As for not being able to predict the unfolding events..haha do behave,,

No offense, but you post like an emotionally scorned woman. The only 'tool' I see around here is YOU. 

Edited by Keyser Soze666
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

OP : YOU can decide how you feel, you decide what you do, if you dont like it, change it, you are the one in control as you habpve proved with the alcohol.

Now, decide what you want, the steps needed to achieve it and go do it !

• Like 2

5 hours ago, northsouthdevide said:

Well done so far mate, 

Its bloody hot in the middle of the day, so clean the house or have a nap, then get out again around 4.30. 

You'll be home in the evening and feel like you've filled your day. 

The middle of the day is not when the temperature is the hottest.     Many of us have thought that but take a look here to get an understanding of how the sun creates our temperature:

https://www.thoughtco.com/high-and-low-temperature-timing-3444247 

It'd be better for the OP to go on with his routine in the earlier hours

Edited by Andy from Kent

As is par for the course with these topics, unfortunately you will get the throwaway replies... i.e. folk nonchalantly passing off depression with boredom etc (any idea how spectacularly ill-informed you sound?).

Not a great time, for sure. A lot of people are hurting. Even 'paradise' can be a lonely place. Of all the basics - exercise, sun & sea, good sleep, reading, not dwelling on news, eating properly, avoiding dehydration etc - would have to say being with people is key. The simple act of being near someone that is listening and swapping energy cannot be understated. The monster mind wants 100% attention 100% of the time. Don't let it. Observe it and talk to people.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

The middle of the day is not when the temperature is the hottest.     Many of us have thought that but take a look here to get an understanding of how the sun creates our temperature:

https://www.thoughtco.com/high-and-low-temperature-timing-3444247 

It'd be better for the OP to go on with his routine in the earlier hours

Ive  found the earliest hours the worst,no wind makes it really sticky, im outside  working on the land everyday, I dont like it but if  I didnt  do it  Id  probably  be  like the Op,  have found life generally  boring and found the  attraction of new things wears  off  very  fast.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 10:36 AM, villageidiotY2K said:

It's getting to the point that's making me depressed and do not wish to see others outside.

Adopt a soi dog , take good care for it and walk it every day . Your depression will disappear soon ...

( Sorry , I just see that someone posted that before already , anyway ... )

Edited by nobodysfriend

On 6/20/2020 at 10:57 AM, Lacessit said:

Golf driving ranges are not exercise

and they spray a lot to keep the WEEDS out = HERBICIDE

blocking acetylcholine production

= that alone could be a reason you are DEPRESSED

most people don't know this info, nor are they interested

• Like 1

Daily fitness highly recommended. Get yourself some earbuds so you can listen to music, then swim, use the gym or do whatever type of exercise that pleases you. It lifts the metabolism and energy level, takes up a good portion of your energy each day, exhausts you so you get better sleep, and exercise is a proven non chemical treatment for depression.   It works. 

I've suffered depression on and off my entire life. Antidepressants never worked as well as disciplined daily exercise. It's easy to find an excuse,  but regular exercise is the very best self management for depression.  Google -it. There are many written resources recommending exercises as a self treatment for depression. 

• Like 1

Why can't the OP simply be glad that he's alive and (apparently) in reasonably good health? There's half a million or more people who have died from C19 in the last few months who would have gladly swapped places with him.

• Like 1

I think you need to get some more hobbies. Some work can be good. Having some land to farm might be good. Personally I like computer programming, so that's what I do (whether paid for by clients or in my free time). You could also join some dancing club so you come into contact with other people. There are many possibilities.