Best Cheap New Car 500-750k

Looking for something easy to drive around the city. Will buy new from the showroom. I saw a few in this price range - Toyota Yaris, Vios, Honda City, Brio Amaze and the Nissan Almera. I'm leaning toward the Yaris. Any suggestions? Thanks.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CNXexpat said:

The Mazda 2 Sport is a nice city car with a very good quality interior. The Suzuki Swift is fun to drive.

The Yaris looks ugly inside with too much cheap hard plastic - in my eyes. 

Agree with the Mazda 2. Ours has been great over the last few years and a decent size. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I think anything Toyota is solid.  Plus, they have dealerships in case of repairs all over.

The Almera I thought was lousy and powerless.

I agree, our Vios (680K) is a marvellous little car.  Very comfortable and reliable, even good for longer journeys.  I would buy it again, which is always a good sign.  

• Like 1

On most objective criteria (performance, noise, comfort), the honda city beats most ecocars (perhaps except the almera for fuel consumption and its safety gizmos.). 

I would either choose the city or opt for a honda accord that is a few years old - they are in the 800-900K range and a significant step up from the eco cars. 

• Like 1

Which of your stated options do you like?

I have always bought and currently buy, auto's and bikes for one reason only. I like(d) them.

Some may concur with my choice and others may not.

I could care less? 

Without questioning their motives, the personal preference of others is purely anecdotal. Yet their reasoning is worth consideration.

• Like 1

We bought a Honda City one year ago. Very pleased with this. Very cheap to run, suprisingly spacious inside (especially the boot), nippy when you want it, and easy to maintain and clean. Only thing is that it's a little boring at times. But hey, it's only a car!

• Like 1