Whistle-blowing army NCO to face desertion charge

webfact

On 6/22/2020 at 10:43 AM, Misterwhisper said:

The man exposed corruption that involved his superior officers, for goodness' sake! To now persecute him for "desertion" because he reportedly went AWOL after being subjected to bullying, intimidation and threats from army officers intent on sweeping the corruption case under the carpet is nothing short of disgusting. It also makes you - once again - realize who really holds the reins of power in Thailand.

In a democratic country, the man would've been celebrated as a hero. State investigators would've unraveled the case from the bottom up, identified who exactly is involved and come down on them. Hard. Here in Thailand, it's the other way round. The culprits prosecute the whistle blower. And feel totally in the right about it.  

Have you ever been in the Army in the west?

You must be kidding.

On 6/22/2020 at 4:45 AM, TPI said:

He should try for political asylum protection either in the UN building or any Embassy that will take him in! If he doesn't he's a dead man walking!   ????????

He probably has family. 'we know where your mama lives.'

• Like 1

Deserts, to stay alive... 

In the Court, I hope he has each and every one pof the naughty exBosses subpoenaed,

- to have to stand alone in the witness box, in full view  

• Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 10:16 PM, DirtyHarry55 said:

Read about this over 2 weeks ago on Twitter and its taken that long before reaching the media this is being covered up big style.
He reported corruption to the New Corruption Hotline set up by the Big General setup after the Korat shooting and now he's being punished for it.

Maybe he is  not squeaky clean himself?

On 6/22/2020 at 5:33 PM, mark131v said:

Or maybe you struggle with comprehension....

You just dont get it

If you want to clean up corruption  that means enforcing all the rules not just the rules that fit that person.

So if you want to be a grass make sure you yourself  have never done anything  wrong

17 minutes ago, BigC said:

You just dont get it

If you want to clean up corruption  that means enforcing all the rules not just the rules that fit that person.

So if you want to be a grass make sure you yourself  have never done anything  wrong

Your right one of us doesn't get it....

You are bringing in first world morals to a third world institution that is rotten from the head down, a place where any dissent is stamped on and where bodies turn up in barrels and bullying and intimidation is rife

I have conversed with many a cretin on here but with some it just ain't worth the effort so I will count myself out of this one!

16 hours ago, mark131v said:

Your right one of us doesn't get it....

You are bringing in first world morals to a third world institution that is rotten from the head down, a place where any dissent is stamped on and where bodies turn up in barrels and bullying and intimidation is rife

I have conversed with many a cretin on here but with some it just ain't worth the effort so I will count myself out of this one!

So what you going to do.? Put an end to third  world or go back to west?