Seven groups of foreigners expected to be allowed entry

webfact

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

I believe many posters also predicted that Chinese tourists would not be quarantined.

You can easily ask Chinese to follow a flag, but asking to be confined to a hotel room might be no piece of cake.

Edited by CLS
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

What's with the childish picture?  We're not children, we can read.  

I like these pictographs, because only the medical group is wearing masks.

25 minutes ago, reallyaffiliated said:

Yeah man.. Really sucks. I might have an option now to get a work permit through a friend of my GF her company. They are seeking English speaking foreigners with translating help. It's basically them translating and then me correcting the grammar. Will only be a few hours a week. Hopefully They will be able to get a me work permit now during the pandamic. 

Doubt it. My HR say that it was impossible to get WP right now. Many comps recruit from expat already in the country as far as I know.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, reallyaffiliated said:

Yeah man.. Really sucks. I might have an option now to get a work permit through a friend of my GF her company. They are seeking English speaking foreigners with translating help. It's basically them translating and then me correcting the grammar. Will only be a few hours a week. Hopefully They will be able to get a me work permit now during the pandamic. 

Good luck with that. This can be done online though with Zoom maybe.

According the WHO, 21st June was the worst day so far with 183,000 new infections. Realistically most can forget getting into Thailand until this pandemic slows down everywhere.

Edited by tribalfusion001

Only 2 more hurdles for Thai gov to get Chinese back in easily. The medical insurance and the health certificate. Second one easy. 

Oh it's obvious statement something like..

The low risk countries in the bubble will not require insurance with valid health certificate from their OWN countries.

Spike in Sth Korea today not helpful.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tingtong2mut said:

They never put much value on foreign parents who have Thai children here. I have a Thai born son, mother bolted when he was 3 months and Ive raised him. We are in Thailand and together and ok but I can imagine it must be difficult for some parents here who have been separated from their children

You married the wrong woman, sorry to say. Very irresponsible person to just "bolt".

• Sad 1

Chinese citizens won't be allowed to leave CHina for tourism purposes until October. So this "travel bubble" for them seems pointless and short-sighted.

Why not let the Burmese, Cambodians, Vietnamese and Laotians in? Also Malaysians? Their numbers are much lower than the Chinese anyway. In fact, much lower even if we combine the infection numbers of all 5 countries.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Except the medical tourists. Most can and likely will go elsewhere rather than undergo the time and expense of a 14 days quarantine.

Probably right Sheryl they aren't always the most thoughtful in their proclamations but they always have the tried and tested U turn procedure once they realise the brass they may make might be negated by the cancelations

Probably comes down to whether any member of the present hierarchy or their cronies own any hospitals.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Traubert said:

No doubt there are despicable people in all groups but not 100% of everyone.

Wouldn't you say so?

Sorry. I deplore the Chinese government and they have a tendency to condition as to brainwash their people. Last few years some actually naïve Chinese young tourists. But still, they are Chinese .

4 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Yes a lot of money for very few sino thai people

who have already a lot of money.

The famous 1 % owning 70% of the wealth of Thailand.

Everyone else, most of the Thai people, me and probably you, have only the downsides

And what is your contribution? Get off your high horse...or your barstool..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

CHINA. CHINA. CHINA. CHINA.

Pathetic. They nearly wrecked Thailand. Allowed tourists from Wuhan to flow into Thailand, when they knew it was a dangerous epidmenic, along with failure of local government to try and cover it up. Yet they are lusted after.

If they are allowed back in on mass, that's me done with Thailand. Just no way. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Traubert said:

No doubt there are despicable people in all groups but not 100% of everyone.

Wouldn't you say so?

All Chinese tour groups as a whole are despicable, but perhaps not every member of the group. But that doesn't really matter.

• Like 2

What is this about registered expats? I have a retirement visa but left the country to visit family in the states just before things locked down. I want to return as soon as I am allowed. I've never heard of registering to return. What is that and is it required?

9 minutes ago, Mark121 said:

What is this about registered expats? I have a retirement visa

So far only the listed groups are allowed to register (submit the forms) with the embassies.

Un-married expats are not allowed.

How ridiculous is this?

The first group which goes into quarantine and will therefore not import the virus is restricted to certain people.

The second group which does not need quarantine and could import the virus is not restricted when from certain countries (which still have local transmissions of the virus)?

And it took them weeks to come up with this ill solution?

It is obvious that the virus is only used as an excuse to push ahead the dictatorship in this country and China serves as an example.

They fit together so well. Social change from above and planned economy.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Berti said:

How ridiculous is this?

The first group which goes into quarantine and will therefore not import the virus is restricted to certain people.

The second group which does not need quarantine and could import the virus is not restricted when from certain countries (which still have local transmissions of the virus)?

And no Covid test for the first group? How do you define insanity?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Berti said:

How ridiculous is this?

The bottleneck is the limited quarantine resources, e.g. alternate state quarantine rooms, medical personnel and Covid-19 test kits.