Road accidents slow by 13 per cent in May

webfact

14 minutes ago, webfact said:

The department said records were collected by the Highway Accident Information Management System, which attributes major causes of road accidents to exceeding the speed limit (728 times, or 70 per cent), overtaking at a close distance (95 times, or 9 per cent), dozing off (65 times, or 6 per cent) and malfunctioning equipment (63 times, or 6 per cent).

Malfunctioning equipment only 6 percent? I thought brake failure was to blame for most accidents here? Certainly very few accidents are actually attributed to driver error.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MJKT2014 said:

Jeez, these guys are on the ball. Not a mention of a nationwide lock-down in place at the time having any influence on the numbers eh?

... yeah, or a booze ban ... which was effective, except when it wasn't ...

Ah, talking of which ... 

• Like 1

I Hope the cops are not taking any credit for this? I was driving past a cop station and there were these 4 cops standing beside their bikes getting their photos taken while all the drivers on the road were breaking the rules. Guess they missed that?

It just seems the authorities are very happy the accidents are down 14%. Its a damm disgrace.They will be having these stupid meetings soon to see how they can tackle these accident problems and when the meeting is finished they be getting their pics taken with these silly mascots saying they have a new plan on how to deal with the road carnage. The only plan I know that will work is make the cops do their job.:sorry:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ubon farang said:

I Hope the cops are not taking any credit for this? I was driving past a cop station and there were these 4 cops standing beside their bikes getting their photos taken while all the drivers on the road were breaking the rules. Guess they missed that?

It just seems the authorities are very happy the accidents are down 14%. Its a damm disgrace.They will be having these stupid meetings soon to see how they can tackle these accident problems and when the meeting is finished they be getting their pics taken with these silly mascots saying they have a new plan on how to deal with the road carnage. The only plan I know that will work is make the cops do their job.:sorry:

Well said. Pattaya Plod are back to highway robbery again.  Number 1 cause of accidents - speeding.  Pattaya's solution - set-up static traffic stops and ignore the speedsters elsewhere.

• Like 1