Warning! Little girl needs 23 stitches after running through glass door

webfact

Warning! Little girl needs 23 stitches after running through glass door

4pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Comment was rife on Thai social media after a relative of a little girl posted what happened at her house. 

The girl was visiting and playing with a sibling when she ran into a sliding glass door that broke covering her in shards of glass. 

The little one is still in hospital under observation after getting 23 stitches for some deep cuts.

Many people commented on the issue of dangerous glass doors with some suggesting they put stickers on them as they can be dangerous for both adults and children alike. 

Soure: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-24

• Like 1

I used to install doors and windows for years. That would be an illegal glazing in the US.

It's funny, I've had GFs here walk into glass doors, and into full length mirrors in low light; at least they were not hurt. I did it myself in Cologne a few months ago thinking to enter a restaurant, felt very dumb.

• Like 2

I want those stickers that you put on sliding glass doors. Nothing on Lazada and the glass shops here have none..never heard of them.

Even thought to have some sent from abroad but have to wait for mail service first.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bobbin said:

I want those stickers that you put on sliding glass doors. Nothing on Lazada and the glass shops here have none..never heard of them.

Even thought to have some sent from abroad but have to wait for mail service first.

What stickers are those, and how does it stop kids running into a glass door?

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, doctormann said:

Safety glass is normal for glass doors - but not in Thailand?

Many years ago back in the UK my dog probably saw some birds in the back garden and she suffered similarly going through the closed door. When we got the door replaced we put stickers over it to about half way up the door.

They are dangerous without warning stickers, safety glass or not.

37 minutes ago, bobbin said:

deleted post

37 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Try looking here on Lazada

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=safety+glass+warning+stickers&_keyori=ss&from=input&spm=a2o4m.home.search.go.1814719cXZLh7v

12 minutes ago, doctormann said:

It doesn't but at least it makes the presence of the glass door rather more obvious.

Something like this maybe:

sticker.png

Print it out and stick on with sellotape. 

No charge for my DIY expertise.

Rooster

25 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Many years ago back in the UK my dog probably saw some birds in the back garden and she suffered similarly going through the closed door. When we got the door replaced we put stickers over it to about half way up the door.

They are dangerous without warning stickers, safety glass or not.

How well can your dog read?

Music N' More: Funny Animal Signs

• Haha 2

Just recently completed our shop and staff house. Acres of glass and none of it would comply with Building Regs in the UK. I’m surprised there aren’t more incidents like the one reported and having worked in the construction industry I gave glass the same respect as an angry cobra.

However, we had to install emergency lighting, fire alarms systems and fire extinguishers on every level of the new property. I presume this is in case the concrete and steel building suddenly self combusts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Muzzique said:

Try this. The kids don't sleep well at night though with those in their rooms but it's a small sacrifice for their safety. Bless 'em 

image.png.dd88c9557025c9609f0a6a9c37eeed4e.png

we just want to show them glass .... we don't want them mentally disturbed for life.

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

What stickers are those, and how does it stop kids running into a glass door?

Any sticker.  Obviously, if there are stickers in the child's line of sight, as opposed to clear, unobstructed glass, there's a much lower chance of them trying to run through it.  How difficult can it be to understand that?

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Deli said:

My mum told me to open the door before walking through.

In fact, it helps.

????

True, but our maid makes such a good job of cleaning ours I whacked my forehead a couple of times.

Another easy way (  if your wife allows ) soak your favourite tipple bottle in soapy water until the label comes off, transfer to the glass door and it catches your eye easily. ????

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bobbin said:

I got mine at Thai Wattsadu. Most of the home improvement stores have them, but for some reason they are usually in the "curtain" section.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Many people commented on the issue of dangerous glass doors with some suggesting they put stickers on them as they can be dangerous for both adults and children alike.

How about suggesting a minimum thickness glass for doors.

Took ages to find darkened and hardened safety glass for the one glass door we have at the house. Finally some supplier in Bangkok had the panes. Most are regular glass and quite dangerous when broken into shards.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

I know without location details it doesn't help much but a mate got cut outs for the glass doors somewhere in Patts so they do exist.

A couple of lines of half inch black tape at eye level is a good temp' fix.

If you have young children it is good to put some at their eye level too.

I found some bright orange fabric tape in Makro which is even better to see. I put some on the last but one step on the stairs as a reminder.

Kids are kids and that happens and probably wouldn't make much difference what was on the door, she wouldn't been looking anyway. Most glass sliding doors where i'm from have these strips on them.

s-l640.jpg

• Like 1