Quality & good tasting Whey Protein Isolate

THAIPHUKET

ON gold around 1800 baht. They taste all c*ap if you mix them with water. If you drink with milk may taste good but no reason to buy isolate in that case I guess.

Edited by Sundown

2 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

is that an online price?

That's everywhere also at tops market they sell 1890 the 5lbs can..

Checked now online Lazada 1694thb

Edited by Sundown

16 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Matell protein Isolate from USA. Unflavored. No sugar. Non GMO etc.

Lazada  599 baht/2lbs. Quick delivery. Best price I've found in Thailand..

I came across that product as well. I wonder why they say from USA but it's a brand sold just in Thailand? It is a good price but when it comes to swallowing stuff I'll pass on something that cannot be traced anywhere. Where it is produced? USA? where is the production plant? Why it is so cheap?

If you want to go cheap it's worth trying the not isolate Dymatize,..."Matell"...I'll pass. .

Edited by Sundown

15 minutes ago, Kennycrossfit said:

Muscle juice is a weight gainer, not the same as a whey isolate. 

It's an inexpensive protein powder (it's a blend that includes some whey isolate, though not 100%).  Anything can be a 'weight gainer', especially if you use their huge 'recommended dose' of 1020 calories, and that's mixed with water (I cut this down considerably).  It's a good deal for a large amount of decent stuff.

BACA7202-3-A93-4-AEC-821-E-CB75-BB29-FC6

Edited by flare

Protein Powder is such a load of marketing <deleted>. Surely all of you can get enough protein from chicken, meat, milk, eggs, etc. The size of the chicken breast is so small to just fuflill the protein requirements of a bodybuilder. Only a pussy wouldn't be able to get enough protein every day and require protein powder.

8 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Protein Powder is such a load of marketing <deleted>. Surely all of you can get enough protein from chicken, meat, milk, eggs, etc. The size of the chicken breast is so small to just fuflill the protein requirements of a bodybuilder. Only a pussy wouldn't be able to get enough protein every day and require protein powder.

Well, when you try to eat five or six 'meals' of ~30+ grams of protein per day, it's kinda hard to eat  (not to mention digest before it's time for the next serving) that much chicken... 

Protein shakes in between 'real' meals works pretty well.

Edited by flare

30 minutes ago, flare said:

Well, when you try to eat five or six 'meals' of ~30+ grams of protein per day, it's kinda hard to eat  (not to mention digest before it's time for the next serving) that much chicken... 

Protein shakes in between 'real' meals works pretty well.

30 grams of protein is only a tiny piece of meat: 100 grams of chicken, 100 grams of tuna steak, 150 grams of salmon, 110 grams of lean steak, 120 grams canned tuna. There are other sources of protein that's not from meat like cottage cheese, yogurt, milk, beans, lentils, etc.

12 minutes ago, bbi1 said:
12 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

30 grams of protein is only a tiny piece of meat: 100 grams of chicken, 100 grams of tuna steak, 150 grams of salmon, 110 grams of lean steak, 120 grams canned tuna. There are other sources of protein that's not from meat like cottage cheese, yogurt, milk, beans, lentils, etc.

Thanks, but it's not my first day, and I'm well aware of how many chicken breasts I'd have to eat in a day to get 150-180g of protein over the course of a day.  There's something called a 'protein efficiency ratio'- if you're going to equate 30g of whey protein to 30g of beans or whatever, you have no clue what you're talking about.  Your body will not metabolize the same amount of 30g of just about any other source of protein like it will for egg whites or whey protein.

Edited by flare

1 hour ago, flare said:

It's an inexpensive protein powder (it's a blend that includes some whey isolate, though not 100%).  Anything can be a 'weight gainer', especially if you use their huge 'recommended dose' of 1020 calories, and that's mixed with water (I cut this down considerably).  It's a good deal for a large amount of decent stuff.

BACA7202-3-A93-4-AEC-821-E-CB75-BB29-FC6

Mass gainers are not a good deal. I'll explain you why: the amount of powder you need to reach a decent amount of protein intake (let's say 50g) is huge. You will need two 5kg cans/month. You are paying more than any other pure protein powder. Mass gainer = protein + carbs + fats. Buy a pure protein and eat 2 bananas, or peanut butter. There's not need to buy carbs and fats in powder since they are inexpensive.

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

Only a pussy wouldn't be able to get enough protein every day and require protein powder.

Ummm...

Different people has different needs. If you need to eat 200g of proteins I guarantee it's not easy. Additionally, everytime you cook, you use condiments that add up on other macros like fats and carbs (I don't think you eat chicken breast with nothing). Eat a lot of cheese or eggs= fat and cholesterol. Let's say you eat a moderate amount of cheese and eggs daily, you will still need to eat at least 500g of chicken to hit the target. 

Edited by Sundown

6 minutes ago, Sundown said:

Let's say you eat a moderate amount of cheese and eggs daily, you will still need to eat at least 500g of chicken to hit the target. 

500g of chicken is difficult to eat? I love eating chicken (and meat) and could eat 500g of chicken in one serving if I really wanted to. Spread that 500g over a course of a day into smaller portions (3-4 portions) and it's a no-brainer to eat, at least for me it is.

22 minutes ago, Sundown said:

Mass gainers are not a good deal. I'll explain you why: the amount of powder you need to reach a decent amount of protein intake (let's say 50g) is huge. You will need two 5kg cans/month. You are paying more than any other pure protein powder. Mass gainer = protein + carbs + fats. Buy a pure protein and eat 2 bananas, or peanut butter. There's not need to buy carbs and fats in powder since they are inexpensive.

Normally you'd be correct, but not in this case.

The Muscle Juice deal is 1420 baht for ~1500 grams (15.7 lbs of powder) of protein total, so, just under 1 baht per gram.  The On Gold (5lbs of powder) container mentioned earlier in the thread has 696 total grams for 1694 baht, or 2.4 baht per gram- which is the better deal?  On Gold has more protein per pound, but it's also much more expensive.

If you want to avoid the other ingredients or want 100% whey isolate that's one thing, but, per gram of protein, you can't beat the Muscle Juice price.

Edited by flare

13 minutes ago, flare said:

The Muscle Juice deal is 1420 baht for ~1500 grams (15.7 lbs of powder) of protein total, so, just under 1 baht per gram.  The On Gold (5lbs of powder) container mentioned earlier in the thread has 696 total grams for 1694 baht, or 2.4 baht per gram- which is the better deal?

The ON gold is 2.2 kg of protein (NOT 696g) at 1694THB so the better deal is ON.

Additionally ON is the most expensive brand. If you buy Dymatize or Ultimate Nutrition protein powder will be a lot cheaper. (1300thb/2 kg of protein)

Edited by Sundown

13 minutes ago, Sundown said:

The ON gold is 2.2 kg of protein (NOT 696g) at 1694THB so the better deal is ON

Oh wait- I Lazada has the wrong label- let me go over that again.

Edited by flare

2 minutes ago, flare said:

Nope, sorry.  You misunderstood my post- the amount of powder is 2.2kg, but it contains 29 servings of 24g of protein- that's 696 grams of protein in 2.2kg of powder.  The Muscle Juice is a way better deal per gram of protein.

0-BC4-B697-4-E94-4490-BDCC-B38-D3-DC6547

That's the label for the small can, the 2kg (5lbs) has 80 servings. You want to go on all day? If you are convinced that mass gainer is a big deal, then use it. I'm off this nonsense.

10 minutes ago, flare said:

Nope, sorry.  You misunderstood my post- the amount of powder is 2.2kg, but it contains 29 servings of 24g of protein- that's 696 grams of protein in 2.2kg of powder.  The Muscle Juice is a way better deal per gram of protein.

This is the label from the 2.2kg On container- it clearly says protein is only 48% of each serving:

0-BC4-B697-4-E94-4490-BDCC-B38-D3-DC6547

Its around 70 servings on a 2.2 tub, that label is for a smaller tub. 

5 minutes ago, Sundown said:

That's the label for the small can, the 2kg (5lbs) has 80 servings. You want to go on all day? If you are convinced that mass gainer is a big deal, then use it. I'm off this nonsense.

Lazada put up the wrong label (can you believe it?)  They actually work out to about the same- feel free to run the numbers yourself.

17 minutes ago, Sundown said:

I'm off this nonsense.

You said the mass gainer was more expensive to use per gram of protein, I said it was cheaper- turns out we were both wrong as it's nearly identical (MJ -0.95 baht per gram, On ~0.97 baht per gram).

Nonsense perhaps, but you're the one who quoted me to start it in the first place.

Edited by flare

9 minutes ago, Kennycrossfit said:

Its around 70 servings on a 2.2 tub, that label is for a smaller tub. 

Yeah, it took me a minute to realize Lazada had the wrong label up for the 2.23kg listing.

Edited by flare