Phuket Immigration confirms 24-hour reporting no longer needed for long-stay expats

snoop1130

Phuket Immigration confirms 24-hour reporting no longer needed for long-stay expats

By The Phuket News

1592992538_1-org.jpg

A foreigner has the stamps in his passport explained to him at the Phuket Immigration Office in Phuket Town. Photo: The Phuket News / file

PHUKET:-- Phuket Immigration has confirmed they have received an order making it no longer necessary for landlords of properties with foreign tenants to report within 24 hours every time the foreigner arrives or leaves the property – if the foreigner is staying on a multiple-entry visa or has an extension of stay and enters using a re-entry permit.

Col Nareuwat Putthawiro of Phuket Immigration confirmed the rule change to The Phuket News today (June 24).

“This change will save much time for landlords and property owners,” he said.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-immigration-confirms-24-hour-reporting-no-longer-needed-for-long-stay-expats-76490.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-06-24

A good step in the right direction. No doubt brought on by complaints from Thai landlords being fined for non compliance of the reporting rules, which, you have to admit were draconian anyway...............Next 90 Day please. Though to be honest that one is no real hardship where I am.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

So each province applying its own TM30 immigration rules now? Only read about this for Phuket and Chiang Mai so far.

No, the order was issued by the Commissioner General of Police and published in the Royal Gazette, and it applies nationwide. I have no idea why the change has only been announced by Immigration offices in Chiang Mai and Phuket, rather than by headquarters.

• Like 2

What about expats (1 year visa) that have two homes in Thailand ?

1. My wifes house.
2. Rented apartment in Bkk where I work.

At the monment my wife register me on Fridays and my landlord in Bkk register me on Mondays.

Edited by BEngBKK
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BEngBKK said:

What about expats (1 year visa) that have two homes in Thailand ?

1. My wifes house.
2. Rented apartment in Bkk where I work.

At the monment my wife register me on Fridays and my landlord in Bkk register me on Mondays.

Seriously? You must be the only one.