"people with Thai families" Entering The Country

hansoman

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I would further add that probably being legally married and/or being the parent recognized by a Thai court may be the criteria for selecting the 2000 successful returnees with proof of eligibility and all that.

A copy of the marriage certificate for a spouse of a Thai national is an absolute requirement to be included on the application.

• Like 2

Where can I find the application?  Is that a Thai Embassy item? 

My Thai wife and I are legally married in the US with a marriage certificate, we were trying to come back in December to see her immediate family.  

By that time, perhaps the situation will have changed quite a bit.  Think its best to wait and see or apply now?

34 minutes ago, Maha Sarakham said:

Where can I find the application?  Is that a Thai Embassy item? 

My Thai wife and I are legally married in the US with a marriage certificate, we were trying to come back in December to see her immediate family.  

By that time, perhaps the situation will have changed quite a bit.  Think its best to wait and see or apply now?

You can apply now on the Thai embassy site in DC.

It's yet unknown how long you'll have to wait to hear back from them.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, unheard said:

You can apply now on the Thai embassy site in DC.

It's yet unknown how long you'll have to wait to hear back from them.

If anybody who was married with a simple traditional wedding ceremony but not registered at the amphur has applied at a Thai embassy,  would you please share the result.

Probably many members interested in the answer. 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 3:13 PM, NanLaew said:

I would further add that probably being legally married and/or being the parent recognized by a Thai court may be the criteria for selecting the 2000 successful returnees with proof of eligibility and all that.

I can't recall reading anywhere that a limit was set for 2000 family members to return to Thailand. The only post I saw with this number was saying that so far 2000 people have applied under this category

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rickudon said:

2000 may have applied, but how many of them can afford all the costs of returning? You may need 100,000 baht to tick all the boxes on the requirement.

Last repatriation flight from new Zealand to Thailand started at about 72000 baht for Thai citizens. The 1 before was about 50000. And that was flight only. They still had to get the fit to fly document for few thousands more. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

Last repatriation flight from new Zealand to Thailand started at about 72000 baht for Thai citizens. The 1 before was about 50000. And that was flight only. They still had to get the fit to fly document for few thousands more. 

If a UK citizen flying from UK to Thailand, you need -

1. Flight booked

2. Covid test (private, valid for only 72 hours)

3. Fit to fly document (valid for 72 hours

4. Health insurance

5. Pay for quarantine. 

As you have to have flight within 72 hours of getting permission to fly, there is an issue of getting everything done in 72 hours. May require a visit to Thai embassy. If you do not get your permission in time, you may have to repeat test and fit to fly document and change your flight (at short notice that would be costly). So the costs do quickly rack up.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rickudon said:

1. Flight booked

4. Health insurance

5. Pay for quarantine. 

As you have to have flight within 72 hours of getting permission to fly, there is an issue of getting everything done in 72 hours. May require a visit to Thai embassy. If you do not get your permission in time, you may have to repeat test and fit to fly document and change your flight (at short notice that would be costly). So the costs do quickly rack up.

Once foreigners are allowed back into Thailand without a daily limit or even just with higher daily limits (at the moment I think it stands on 500 per day), there will be commercial flights to Thailand and the cost will be much cheaper. The embassy approval and health documents and same timeline are demanded from Thai citizens as well but no flexibility regarding flights at the moment. 

So the only difference really is the insurance and the cost of the quarantine

1 hour ago, rickudon said:

1. Flight booked

4. Health insurance

5. Pay for quarantine. 

Everything has to be done through the Thai embassy, Without a Certificate of Entry issued by a Thai embassy its unlikely that you will be allowed to board the plane

Here’s some good advice from the Thai Embassy in Turkey about buying plane tickets before the flight ban to #Thailand is lifted. DON’T DO IT! Just because airlines are selling tickets for July, it doesn’t mean they will be allowed to land in Thailand. They just want your money.

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

Substantiated fact or opinion?

From another thread.

This came from the Thai Embassy London this morning

Required documents for application of entry permit are:

Your passport copy and your spouse’s passport copy

1. Copy of marriage certificate
  2. Copy of air ticket (may need to change flight if approval is granted with delay)
  3. Covid-free heath certificate (this must be submitted with your request,  and has to be within 72 hours before flight departure – so you may need another test if approval is granted with delay, making the 72 hours period lapse) 
  4. Fit to fly health certificate (this must be submitted with your request,  and has to be within 72 hours before flight departure – so you may need another test if approval is granted with delay, making the 72 hours period lapse)
  5. Copy of health insurance policy which covers COVID related medical treatment and coverage of no less than 100,000 USD
  6. Hotel booking for Alternate State Quarantine (ASQ) at one of the approved hotels
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jomtienisgood said:

If not registered and legalized it's not an official marriage. Marriage only happens in Umpher..... 

Thank you and I understand. 

I asked the question 'substantiated fact or opinion', for a reason. There are thousands of examples here on TV where posters write their personal opinions or write what they think should be the answer, or what they want to be true. And in many cases what they post is not the actual law, etc. 

3 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Thank you and I understand. 

I asked the question 'substantiated fact or opinion', for a reason. There are thousands of examples here on TV where posters write their personal opinions or write what they think should be the answer, or what they want to be true. And in many cases what they post is not the actual law, etc. 

But what I just mentioned is the Law... The marriage in the village, or wherever, in Temple is not officially recognized as marriage. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

But what I just mentioned is the Law... The marriage in the village, or wherever, in Temple is not officially recognized as marriage. 

Thank you and I understand what your saying.

My original post (reaction) was to another poster, not yourself. Sorry If I caused confusion. 

4 hours ago, stufeeney41 said:

Hi, could someone tell me what exactly is a fit to fly certificate, as opposed to negative result test certificate?

Thanks in advance.

Fit to fly looks more like a general thing when you apply to work, fit and healthy to work something like that. It doesn't say too much besides your fit and healthy and able to fly. Can get that from your General physician. They had some sample forms on a link on the embassy website but the fit to fly didn't need the covid test. 

https://thaiembdc.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/sample-health-cert-air-travel.pdf

Edited by Wars

On 6/26/2020 at 8:14 PM, vinny41 said:

Everything has to be done through the Thai embassy, Without a Certificate of Entry issued by a Thai embassy its unlikely that you will be allowed to board the plane

Here’s some good advice from the Thai Embassy in Turkey about buying plane tickets before the flight ban to #Thailand is lifted. DON’T DO IT! Just because airlines are selling tickets for July, it doesn’t mean they will be allowed to land in Thailand. They just want your money.

You can see which flights are arriving in Thailand here... https://www.bangkokairportonline.com/flight-status-arrivals-departures/

Qatar Airways have a couple of flights per day.

Screenshot 2020-07-04 at 11.04.54.png

10 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

If only it was that easy. That's exactly what I've been trying to do - are you aware of how that now works? Your Mrs can get to the UK no problem (at the moment). But for her to return to Thailand she has to apply for permission to join a repatriation flight. She can book a commercial flight but she won't be allowed on it. There are Thai's in the UK that have been waiting since April to get home - 3000+ of them apparently. They are currently only operating 2 repat flights per month so it will be a while before the queue goes down.  If your wife's OK to stay a while fine - you may need to buy her a big coat though.

Example of the flight complications - from my discussiions with the Thai Embassy in London and EVA Air (one of the designated repat flight operators).  Eva will let me book a flight for my wife both ways for 37,000 baht (already 12,000 more than Lufthansa). EVA know that my wife is unlikely to be able to fly home on the booked day because she has to wait for approval from the airport but they will allow free changes for up to 12 months.  I asked them "so when my wife gets approval you'll change the flight to the date the embassy gives" - "yes sir, free of charge".  The embassy class such flights as repat flights but in fact they are not special charter, they are regular commercially available flights.

Here's the rub. The embassy won't allow your wife to travel on the return portion of that ticket even though EVA will change it to the appoved date. The embassy stipulate that you have to book the return portion through them and you can guess what that means - 2 one way tickets, total now 37,000++++++++++

From an email received today:

Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you for your inquiry about Eva ticket.  If your wife has already registered with us for repatriation flight and her turn comes, she needs to pay for a single ticket.  For her previous ticket, contact eva for refund or credit.  

Best regards
Consular Officer,
Royal Thai Embassy, London
29-30 Queen's Gate 
London
SW7 5JB
Tel: 02072255500

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

You can see which flights are arriving in Thailand here... https://www.bangkokairportonline.com/flight-status-arrivals-departures/

Qatar Airways have a couple of flights per day.

Screenshot 2020-07-04 at 11.04.54.png

1st post is TVF member experiences when you book a flight without the embassy approval