"people with Thai families" Entering The Country

hansoman

5 minutes ago, unheard said:
2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I believe that re-entry into Thailand can now take place on any available flight with the correct documentation and tests.

I'd like to see any case of that actually happening...

This is as I believed it. Along with the Application for Certificate of Entry we were asked to provide Flight Bookings and ASQ bookings - I was able to obtain a Qatar Airways flight booking. 

IF we can only return on a Thai Airways Repatriation Flight with an allocated seat (which BTW are all full according to there reports and only two allocated for this month from the UK), then there is no hope. 

43 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

This is as I believed it. Along with the Application for Certificate of Entry we were asked to provide Flight Bookings and ASQ bookings - I was able to obtain a Qatar Airways flight booking. 

IF we can only return on a Thai Airways Repatriation Flight with an allocated seat (which BTW are all full according to there reports and only two allocated for this month from the UK), then there is no hope.

Different embassies ask different things.

Just because your local embassy has asked for a booked and paid ticket doesn't mean that others done the same.

The repatriation flights might be fully booked departing from the UK last month but could have available seats now or in August, especially if they add more of those flights.

It's already the case in other countries, where a Thai national is presented with a choice of flights to choose from and then can book one immediately. No waiting list.

Edited by unheard

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

which BTW are all full according to there reports and only two allocated for this month from the UK

Just saw an article in The Nation Thailand today.

It seems to be mostly the U.K. problem.

For whatever reason there are only 2 repatriation flights per month and more Thais willing to come back each month than the number of available seats.

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I have a confirmed Qatar Airlines flight for next week - booked through a travel agent.

I’m still waiting for the CoE which may force me to re-book. 

Flight bookings for July cannot be made online. No flights appear available on the Airline Website until August. 

When I log into the Qatar Airlines Website ‘Manage My Booking’ page with my Airline Reservation Code and Surname the flight, seats and meal preference is shown. 

My assumption is therefore: Flights can be booked with the Airline, but by phone or through a travel agent. Online bookings (for July) are not working. 

This is availability screen of travel agent's reservation system from Doha to BKK by Qatar airlines between 13 July and 20 July - no flights operate. Starting 3 August they plan 2 daily flights.

QR.jpg

6 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

This is availability screen of travel agent's reservation system from Doha to BKK by Qatar airlines between 13 July and 20 July - no flights operate. Starting 3 August they plan 2 daily flights.

QR.jpg

Bangkok Arrivals suggests that flights are travelling.

Someone (earlier on in the thread) mentioned that these are Cargo Flights.

I’ve had confirmation from my Travel Agent that flights are going ahead (or my flight has not yet been cancelled).

A friend who works in Immigration at Suvarnabhumi airport confirms that passengers are arriving on flights (other than Thai Airways). Passengers are coming in from Tokyo etc and other countries.

I suspect the only true way to find out is once the Certificate of Entry is awarded, whether or not we can get on the flight and into Thailand. 

Screenshot 2020-07-06 at 22.17.22.png

Edited by richard_smith237