"people with Thai families" Entering The Country

hansoman

On 6/27/2020 at 3:01 AM, cardinalblue said:

And a 50,000B donation to the PM’s favorite charity will move your case forward w/o further delay.... 

Hmm... because 50,000B really makes a difference to the decision making of the second most powerful man in Thailand !!!!... :coffee1:

11 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

1st post is TVF member experiences when you book a flight without the embassy approval

Thats because the repatriation system for Thai’s is not the same as for Westerners. 

Thai’s have to apply to their Embassy with Fit to Fly certification, The Embassy approve their ‘reason for return’ and offer them a seat on a Thai Airways Repatriation flight. The Thai citizen being repatriated then has to contact TG to purchase their ticket (I assume with a reference code). 

Westerners have to get approval from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok.  The Thai Embassy is only acting as a conduit to forwards e-mails. Once approval is secured, the Thai Embassy notifies the Westerner, who then has to book their own flight with any airline (if they haven’t already got a flight). They have to Book their ASQ, take a Covid-19 Test (and certificate) and get a Fit to Fly certificate (within 72hrs of departure).

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2020 at 2:29 PM, unheard said:

A copy of the marriage certificate for a spouse of a Thai national is an absolute requirement to be included on the application.

And so it should be in my opinion. Anyone who is silly enough to go through a mickey mouse village wedding, with a mickey mouse monk present and expect it to be recognised by the real world should really move to Disney land. A legal marriage in Thailand is so simple and uncomplicated it suggests those that prefer the mickey mouse approach have something to hide and are now complaining that they are being denied entry into Thailand.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Once approval is secured, the Thai Embassy notifies the Westerner, who then has to book their own flight with any airline.

Remains to be seen how that part is going to play out.

If you're lucky to get approval in July, then your only option would be to request a seat on the repatriation flight since there are no regular flights allowed to land in Thailand.

As for August - who knows...

Just another piece of the puzzle.

Edited by unheard

15 hours ago, unheard said:

Remains to be seen how that part is going to play out.

If you're lucky to get approval in July, then your only option would be to request a seat on the repatriation flight since there are no regular flights allowed to land in Thailand.

As for August - who knows...

Just another piece of the puzzle.

[since there are no regular flights allowed to land in Thailand] - Not true.

This link shows the arrivals into Thailand, many of which are international: Qatar, Emirates, JAL, Garuda, Cathay, Oman Air all landing in Bangkok.

https://www.bangkokairportonline.com/flight-status-arrivals-departures/

On 6/25/2020 at 10:13 PM, Maha Sarakham said:

Where can I find the application?  Is that a Thai Embassy item? 

My Thai wife and I are legally married in the US with a marriage certificate, we were trying to come back in December to see her immediate family.  

By that time, perhaps the situation will have changed quite a bit.  Think its best to wait and see or apply now?

Please share the results of your endeavor and final date of your return.

I will expect European family members to start trickling back in the next few months, but Americans, that will be a date worth taking notice off.

On 6/27/2020 at 2:47 AM, LukKrueng said:

Last repatriation flight from new Zealand to Thailand started at about 72000 baht for Thai citizens. The 1 before was about 50000. And that was flight only. They still had to get the fit to fly document for few thousands more. 

Wow, way too expensive, IMHO Thailand should be more supportive of the costs in this current situation. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, scorecard said:
On 6/26/2020 at 5:47 PM, LukKrueng said:

Last repatriation flight from new Zealand to Thailand started at about 72000 baht for Thai citizens. The 1 before was about 50000. And that was flight only. They still had to get the fit to fly document for few thousands more. 

Wow, way too expensive, IMHO Thailand should be more supportive of the costs in this current situation. 

That could be the Airlines gouging people. 

From the UK Qatar is about £500 and business class £1700 

ASQ is 42,000 baht (which works out at 2,800 per night

Covid-19 Test and Fit to Fly Certificate £205

These costs don’t seem too crazy, although the 2,800 per night when its free to stay at my house is irritating. 

I also account for the fact that if I were staying in the UK I’d have continued costs here.

I will be peeved if I travel back, endure the quarantine and the same week I leave quarantine all travel / entry restrictions are lifted !!! That said, there could be continued travel restrictions for a few more months - this is very much the gamble.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

These costs don’t seem too crazy, although the 2,800 per night when its free to stay at my house is irritating. 

I also account for the fact that if I were staying in the UK I’d have continued costs here.

"I will be peeved if I travel back, endure the quarantine and the same week I leave quarantine all travel / entry restrictions are lifted !!!" That said, there could be continued travel restrictions for a few more months - this is very much the gamble.

"I will be peeved if I travel back, endure the quarantine and the same week I leave quarantine all travel / entry restrictions are lifted !!!"

And I wonder if there will be big changes and not too far into the future. There seems to be some 'playing' with ideas about more testing before departure and more testing on arrival. And reduced restrictions stuff re folks coming from bubble countries / agreements with bubble countries. 

Plus I'm guessing there is already big pressure on the government by powerful ruthless millionaires to quickly open up tourism without quarantine, aided and abetted by politicians who are keen for for big envelopes. Thailand 101...

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 9:34 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Thats because the repatriation system for Thai’s is not the same as for Westerners. 

Thai’s have to apply to their Embassy with Fit to Fly certification, The Embassy approve their ‘reason for return’ and offer them a seat on a Thai Airways Repatriation flight. The Thai citizen being repatriated then has to contact TG to purchase their ticket (I assume with a reference code). 

Westerners have to get approval from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok.  The Thai Embassy is only acting as a conduit to forwards e-mails. Once approval is secured, the Thai Embassy notifies the Westerner, who then has to book their own flight with any airline (if they haven’t already got a flight). They have to Book their ASQ, take a Covid-19 Test (and certificate) and get a Fit to Fly certificate (within 72hrs of departure).

"...who then has to book their own flight with any airline (if they haven’t already got a flight)."

That's very interesting news, mid last week I called the Thai Embassy in Sydney on this point, they told me to call the Thai Ministry of Health, who told me that was not allowed, Work permit holders and PR holders have to use an actual repat. flight and have to join the repat. flight queue and in some locations might have to wait for 2 or more repat. flights for a seat to be available.

So, good news.

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

This link shows the arrivals into Thailand, many of which are international: Qatar, Emirates, JAL, Garuda, Cathay, Oman Air all landing in Bangkok.

None of these flights are open for booking. Most don't even appear on the airlines' websites 

On 7/4/2020 at 6:34 PM, richard_smith237 said:

that's not how it works. Thai embassies arrange a flight with cooperation of their counterparts in Thailand (as in Thai embassy in Australia together with Australian embassy in Thailand, so there are passengers both ways to share the cost of the flight). Both embassies announce the proposed flight date and details.

The embassy publish the cost of the flight according to number of passengers such as: flight will operate if there are at least so many passengers and the price will be xxx. If there are more passengers, price will be reduced, maximum number of passengers is xxx.

Thai citizens register with the Thai embassy, not with the airline. 

A Thai person doesn't need an approved reason to return. They register with Thai passport details and that's their right to return.

Any person that registers for the flight has to transfer money directly to the embassy, not to Thai Airways, the ticket is then sent to the passenger from the embassy. 

No more than 72 hours before the flight the passenger has to get the fit to fly document, so if you book the flight 2 weeks before the date of the flight you don't get checked up then, but wait until 3 days before the flight. 

Just as an example, the last flight from NZ to BKK was published for NZ$3600 for a minimum of 150 passengers. Price was said to be reduced for 200 passengers and reduced again for 250 which was the maximum number of passengers for this flight. The final price was NZ$2200

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm guessing that you already have a valid visa and insurance.

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Only repatriation flights with passengers on them are coming in, the rest are with cargo.

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

In June you could buy cheap regular flights scheduled for July but ALL of those got cancelled.

Now you can buy the flights for August but will they be allowed to fly with the the passengers or get cancelled again? A very slim chance that they will lift the flight ban in August.

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Work permit holders and PR holders have to use an actual repat. flight and have to join the repat. flight queue and in some locations might have to wait for 2 or more repat. flights for a seat to be available.

That's right, the repatriation flights is the only option for now.

10 hours ago, unheard said:

In June you could buy cheap regular flights scheduled for July but ALL of those got cancelled.

Now you can buy the flights for August but will they be allowed to fly with the the passengers or get cancelled again? A very slim chance that they will lift the flight ban in August.

I book a flight with Qatar for 31 October (AMS-DOH-HKT) and hopefully things are better then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Holy poop I hope so, I desperately need a break from my family.

I'm happily in Thailand at the moment but i have to go to Europe for my work unfortunately which i can't postpone. 

Therefore i go to the Netherlands half August and planned to come back end October.

17 hours ago, LukKrueng said:
21 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

None of these flights are open for booking. Most don't even appear on the airlines' websites 

I have a confirmed Qatar Airlines flight for next week - booked through a travel agent.

I’m still waiting for the CoE which may force me to re-book. 

Flight bookings for July cannot be made online. No flights appear available on the Airline Website until August. 

When I log into the Qatar Airlines Website ‘Manage My Booking’ page with my Airline Reservation Code and Surname the flight, seats and meal preference is shown. 

My assumption is therefore: Flights can be booked with the Airline, but by phone or through a travel agent. Online bookings (for July) are not working. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

If you take a look at the Suvarnabhumi Airport arrivals you will see numerous international flights arriving each day. 

Who is arriving on these flights then?

18 hours ago, scorecard said:

Work permit holders and PR holders have to use an actual repat. flight and have to join the repat. flight queue and in some locations might have to wait for 2 or more repat. flights for a seat to be available.

That's right, the repatriation flights is the only option for now.

Before entry into Thailand was opened up to a ’second phase of people’ (i.e. Foreign Spouse of Thai citizens and those seeking medical treatment and Students) Work Permit holders and PR holder were permitted to apply directly to their local Embassy for entry along with Thai Citizens. I believe at the time they would be offered a seat on a Thai Airways repatriation flight. 

I believe that re-entry into Thailand can now take place on any available flight with the correct documentation and tests. 

30 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Before entry into Thailand was opened up to a ’second phase of people’ (i.e. Foreign Spouse of Thai citizens and those seeking medical treatment and Students) Work Permit holders and PR holder were permitted to apply directly to their local Embassy for entry along with Thai Citizens. I believe at the time they would be offered a seat on a Thai Airways repatriation flight. 

I believe that re-entry into Thailand can now take place on any available flight with the correct documentation and tests. 

I certainly hope that's true, I have PR, and I have a large credit with AirAsia.

Edited by scorecard

If you take a look at the Suvarnabhumi Airport arrivals you will see numerous international flights arriving each day. 

Who is arriving on these flights then?

Not who but what...

Cargo into Thailand.

Cargo and passengers out.

Edited by unheard

I'd like to see any case of that actually happening...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, unheard said:

An assumption or fact ?

An assumption based on evidence.

What evidence can you present to prove your assumption?

I'm all ears.

I don’t have any fact, that why I am asking if you have. 

I am holding a Qatar Airways ticket for travel into Thailand next week. Perhaps Qatar Airways will cancel my booking a few days before the flight because Thailand is still not allowing passenger travel into Bangkok. 

Or, select flights are permitted to travel into Thailand.

I’m just not sure. Perhaps the various Airlines which are selling tickets for travel into Thailand (i.e. for flight next week) are just hedging their bets. 

There have been anywhere between 2-4 flights to per-day from Doha to Bangkok. One or two of these flights have always been cancelled.

Perhaps they are just Cargo flights - I’d like to know for sure, so that if Qatar cancel the flight I can go straight for a refund.

Edited by richard_smith237