Family complains after house seized and sold for Bt2mn over Bt17,000 student debt

webfact

Seems to be a few holes in the story

I don't see if it was a bank or whoever 

If they have a actual Mortgage or a Kai Phar - very silly thing to do (gives them outright posession )

It doesn't seem to matter who holds the Chanote they can sieze it 

For example - A mother & child owning 50% each of the property 

They still come knocking

How long is not a while holding it at 17,000 must of increased quite a bit as alot of them just give up due to not affording it 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Seems to be a few holes in the story

I don't see if it was a bank or whoever 

If they have a actual Mortgage or a Kai Phar - very silly thing to do (gives them outright posession )

It doesn't seem to matter who holds the Chanote they can sieze it 

For example - A mother & child owning 50% each of the property 

They still come knocking

How long is not a while holding it at 17,000 must of increased quite a bit as alot of them just give up due to not affording it 

I am sure there are some holes in this story.

I never knew that student loans were covered by houses of parents. Also it seems strange to sell a house over a 17 k debt.

I also suspect that there were many letters send and ignored. If not its a great injustice.  

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

This is interesting news for me if correct and true.

So even though the house is in the fathers name and not the defendants name, the LED or Legal execution department can go after it and auction it off .... ?

Now what if there was no Chanote    ?  would this still happen   ?

What if a new car was in under another family members name ?   would the LED still be able to auction it off to recover money owed as instructed by the court   ?

They probably acted as a guarantor . Never act as a guarantor for anyone . She most likely forged his name , happens all the time here . 

Edited by chrisandsu
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

The debt has to reach a certain amount to repossess a house. So that's breaking the law. Take them to court. 

Seems you know Thai law.

What paragraphs are you talking about?

And how much  is a certain amount?

The story is incomplete, it takes MUCH more in bureaucratic Thailand and they MUST have known that they either cough up the overdue money or lose the collateral. What do these people think, honestly? The moment comes when you have to face the music and it might serve as an interesting example to all those people who believe, borrowing is a gift ???? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

House looks like it's worth more like 500k, must have a lot of land with it. House was auction off 'publically' 2 weeks ago where we are after owner defaulted. Only nobody knew about it and only one local big wig was there to bid, first offer he gets it for about half what it's worth.

• Like 1