Has anyone on amnesty converted to a work/marriage visa?

Has anyone who's tourist visa expired and has been on amnesty successfully converted to a work or marriage visa? Went to my local immigration today and the officer I spoke to seemed to think I'd have to leave the country to do either of these.

(My situation: UK passport, came in on 60 day tourist visa, been on amnesty since it was announced)

Thanks in advance. 

There have been reports of immigration denying a application for a nonimmigrant visa application for those under the amnesty.

If you have not done the 30 day extension of your 60 day entry from your visa you should ask immigration about doing the change after it is granted to get a real extension of your entry.

If married to a Thai they might do it after applying for a 60 day extension to visit your wife as well.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

There have been reports of immigration denying a application for a nonimmigrant visa application for those under the amnesty.

If you have not done the 30 day extension of your 60 day entry from your visa you should ask immigration about doing the change after it is granted to get a real extension of your entry.

If married to a Thai they might do it after applying for a 60 day extension to visit your wife as well.

Sadly I have already done the 30 day extension, and not legally married (yet). Cheers for the suggestion though.

Interested to hear the experiences of anyone on here ???? 

3 hours ago, greggraham said:

Sadly I have already done the 30 day extension, and not legally married (yet). Cheers for the suggestion though.

Forget the (yet). Whenever extensions of amnesty ends you need exit Thailand.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 6:31 PM, greggraham said:

Interested to hear the experiences of anyone on here ???? 

If your circumstances were that you hadn't done the 30 day extension and or were married, you would have been in a much better position. Hope everything goes well for you anyway.

• Like 1