You'll Never Walk Alone: Especially in Thailand

rooster59

You'll Never Walk Alone: Especially in Thailand

liv.JPG

Image: Daily News

There are plenty of fans of Liverpool FC in Thailand and they have been very vocal this week after their beloved team became the champions of the English Premier League on Thursday. 

It was their first win in the competition and came after 30 years of hurt. 

One of their most diehard fans in Thailand is 46 year old farmer and restaurateur Chaleo Manthong in Chaiyaphum who has a logo of the team in one of his fields. 

This week when the winners elect finally won the coveted trophy after the season was delayed by the pandemic, Daily News went to see Chaleo who had all his twenty staff kitted out in Liverpool jerseys. 

Now he has ascribed another field for a new swanky logo of his boyhood team's prized trophy. 

Chaleo said he had supported Liverpool since he was in P6 and was attracted by the names of Ian Rush and John Barnes. 

Not winning a trophy for so long made him think he ought to change to a more successful team but such thoughts were always banished as he remained loyal.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-27

I got Gerry & the Pacemakers first album back in 64(?). Wondered why that had that R&H song on the album. I'm a Yank and there was zero coverage of world coverage in those days, so you can understand my ignorance I hope.

I like to walk alone at least half the time. Saying I'll never walk alone... I'm not so insecure as to consider walking alone as something to fear....what is this, Big Brother stuff?

Happy as a clam Liverpool won finally. Always a soft spot for that place due to Beatles, Gerry, on and on

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Emdog said:

I got Gerry & the Pacemakers first album back in 64(?). Wondered why that had that R&H song on the album. I'm a Yank and there was zero coverage of world coverage in those days, so you can understand my ignorance I hope.

I like to walk alone at least half the time. Saying I'll never walk alone... I'm not so insecure as to consider walking alone as something to fear....what is this, Big Brother stuff?

Happy as a clam Liverpool won finally. Always a soft spot for that place due to Beatles, Gerry, on and on

A bit ironic possibly the most famous football anthem, as you say, actually comes from the Rogers and Hammerstein musical " Carousel". Although it is quite spine- chilling to hear thousands of Liverpool supporters singing it.

A woman I might have married came from Birkenhead, across the Mersey from Liverpool. So I have a soft spot too.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Emdog said:

The song does not imply that you need to fear walking on your own. Maybe you should listen to the words ?

• Like 1

On 6/27/2020 at 11:18 AM, rooster59 said:

It was their first win in the competition and came after 30 years of hurt. 

So for 30 years their theme-song could have been "How Do You Do What You Do To Me" by the same Gerry and the Pacemakers.

On 6/28/2020 at 4:21 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

I wonder how many Thais would be able to find Liverpool on a world map...

I searched for Liwuhpoon on Google maps and couldn't find it.  Or is it "Lewahpoon"?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

BLM want Penny Lane renamed, they claim it has links to the usual problem which they just cannot forget about

Is that where they are crossing the road?  Are the zebra stripes the remains of slow, white pedestrians?

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2012/11/24/abbey-road-crossing-beatles-16_9.jpg?width=660&height=373&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp