TV show 'The Simpsons' ditches using white voices for characters of color

rooster59

4 hours ago, Yinn said:

500,000 ++ dead. 

New infectons the week USA 280,000++

world economy terrible. Millions people business is broken, 100x millions lose the job

They have completely lost the plot in the USA and UK........

If they change the voices on The Simpsons, I'll..... probably still watch it actually. 

I WILL mutter under my breath about the old voices being better though.  If that's racist they can eat my shorts.  ????

17 hours ago, rooster59 said:

TV show 'The Simpsons' ditches using white voices for characters of color

They are currently, and desperately, looking for 'yellow people' to voice most characters for the new season of the show. People with jaundice were invited to call the producer, to arrange an interview...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

6 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

John Wayne just made the hit list, must rename airport in LA. John Wayne apparently was an awful man.

As the man himself said:

“I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living.”
John Wayne
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Ok. So will adults need  be replaced  by children  for cartoon  children's voice overs? Gender  specific? Ops!  No ! Would  discriminate in  consideration of unassigned  gender children?

The concept  of "positive  discrimination" does  not remove discrimination !

I support the elimination of discrimination but the polarization of  attitudes and response so far is not going  anywhere  to  end it and unlikely ever will while humanity chooses  to perpetuate a strange rejection of it's  own diversity.

History of race as we have been told about  provides repetitive examples  of the insignificance of it in moments of  domination. Rise and fall.

In the politically correct world all must be seen to be correct.

Only people of the same race can voice over characters of a specific race. All cartoons must be represented by all races, genders, trans genders, sexual orientations, religious beliefs, political persuasions, and everyone must be shown as equal in all aspects.

Of course all this bllcks could be scrapped. And children could be prevented from learning about prejudice and forming them from the moronic politically correct self righteous prcks who think they know best.

• Thanks 1

Kids are not bigotted when born. They learn this trait.

The handwringing and soul searching that goes on now, with only actors of the same race or skin colour, being able to voice a character in a cartoon... Soon only dogs will be dogs, cats will be cats etc...

13 hours ago, bendejo said:

Well, James Earl Jones (who is black) has been the voice of Darth Vader since the first Star Wars movie in 1977 (now called Star Wars IV).  In 2005 with the release of Star Wars III we learn that Vader was white (when he had skin).  This racism and social abomination must be remedied!

There is also a Simpsons episode where Maggie (the baby) speaks, with JEJ's voice.  No recourse but to recall and destroy every movie he's been in, Kevin Spacey style.

Darth Vader is just the minstrels version of the Green Cross Code man, Dave Prowse

Screenshot_20200628_111541.jpeg

20 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I doubt that this stupidly will ever end. 

Sadly it won't. Soon it'll be demanded to change the name of "The White House". Next gotta change "The Masters" Golf Tournament name. Best tear down, vandalize and burn all the white Jesus paintings and such too...'cuz if he truly existed, he surely wasn't white!:clap2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm OFFENDED!!! :vampire:

White Chicks is a 2004 American comedy film directed by Keenen Ivory Wayans. It stars Shawn Wayans and Marlon Wayans as two black FBI agents who go undercover as two white stereotypical rich 'Beverly hill type teens...

White Chicks - Wikipedia

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

I'm OFFENDED!!! :vampire:

White Chicks is a 2004 American comedy film directed by Keenen Ivory Wayans. It stars Shawn Wayans and Marlon Wayans as two black FBI agents who go undercover as two white stereotypical rich 'Beverly hill type teens...

There's more, Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence are just two others.

There is a certain political satire show in the US that took on a new host a few years ago, a young African fellow.  It became a little too thick with white people jokes for my sense of humor so I stopped watching it.  Any comment about not appreciating it and you will be called a r_____.

Edited by bendejo
  • Like 1

The voice of Bart Simpson is done by a woman who was born in 1957.  Surely there are people out there who are wounded by this, at multiple levels. 

Baby Maggie has been around 30+ years and is still unable talk, nothing funny about that!

Poor Homer and his eating disorder and alcohol problem -- find that funny, do you?

Bart is always causing trouble and getting away with it: white privilege indeed!

I would comment about Grandpa but it's time for Matlock.

Is it true that the NZ All Blacks team must change it's name or fire all it's white players?

Edited by bendejo
  • Like 1