UK ready to quit EU on 'Australia terms' if no Brexit deal, Johnson says

rooster59

Just now, 7by7 said:

I give up; you cannot argue with someone who believes that 47 is greater than 50!

The only person that has stated that is you

I stated that 47% is greater than 41.5%

We can look forward to you campaigning to rejoin the eu in 2057 which is 41 years from 2016 and 41 years from 1975

1 minute ago, Loiner said:

And we still have a Tory Brexit government, and we are still progressing towards an end to the trick transition period without being sacrificed to the EU.

What about your percentages now old lad?

The trick transition period? The one Johnson and Cummings arranged. So you admit that they are tricksters!

Yes, we are in transition, but even the government doesn't know what is going to happen when it ends. Here in the UK we are being with government propaganda telling us to prepare. But what it doesn't say is to prepare for what nor how!

Yes, as I have repeatedly said the vagaries of our first past the post system does mean the desire of the majority will almost certainly be ignored. Unless enough Tory MPs stir up the courage to make it happen; which I doubt.

But as you repeatedly bang on and on about democracy and the will of the majority, surely you must oppose this denial of the majorities wish!

Or do your frequent declarations about the importance of democracy mean nothing when it comes down to it?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

What is it you don't understand about what I actually said?

Every item on my list is something we have already lost as a result of Brexit or definitely will lose after the transition period.

If you did list the bits you consider 'nasty' then I must have missed it amongst the waffle.

1) The idea of a European army has been floating around ever since the days of the European Coal and Steel Community!

Hasn't happened yet. It won't either for two reasons.

1. No one in the EU who has any say on this matter is remotely interested in it.
  2. If it ever were to be seriously proposed in council then any country against it would veto it. 

This does not mean there could not be an alliance of member states similar to the one we have been in since 1949 called NATO! But maybe you're against that, too!

2) Not voting leave; leaving. We haven't fully left yet but the signs are there that he was right!

3) OK, he bottled this one and left it to the next government.

4) Again, not voting leave; leaving. We're not fully out yet; let's see what happens when we are.

5) He did secure that status for us: European Council, 18-19 February 2016

Of course, that agreement became meaningless due to the referendum result.

The dire economic forecasts were for after the vote. Not once we had left.

If nobody is interested in an EU army why has there been so much furore about it? Juncker pressed for the creation of a "fully-fledged" defence force by 2025 in his comments in the 'FUTURE OF EUROPE: European Parliament sets out its vision' statement in 2017.

This so-called "special status" was not very special for the UK - maybe for the EU - these red cards are not vetoes like the extra one that Cameron gave away in that renegotiation. Ha ha. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

The only person that has stated that is you

I stated that 47% is greater than 41.5%

We can look forward to you campaigning to rejoin the eu in 2057 which is 41 years from 2016 and 41 years from 1975

Because we were actually in before any referendum that's 1973-2016. So inclusive years in the club are 44 + 4 more trying to actually get out = 48 (1973-2020).

So fairest to schedule the next referendum for 2068.

I'm sure everyone will agree? ????

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Not assumptions; facts. 

But we all know that you routinely ignore and deny any and all facts which prove your opinions to be false.

Much better to discount facts that could turn out to be fantasies.

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The dire economic forecasts were for after the vote. Not once we had left.

Wrong. They were forecasts of what might happen if we left.

28 minutes ago, nauseus said:

If nobody is interested in an EU army why has there been so much furore about it?

Misinformation and scare tactics from Brexiteers; just like the lies published about the Lisbon Treaty.

29 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Juncker pressed for the creation of a "fully-fledged" defence force by 2025 in his comments in the 'FUTURE OF EUROPE: European Parliament sets out its vision' statement in 2017.

Read your own source!

He was not talking about a EU army under the control of the Commission, but an alliance similar to NATO which members would be free to join or not. 

35 minutes ago, nauseus said:

This so-called "special status" was not very special for the UK - maybe for the EU - these red cards are not vetoes like the extra one that Cameron gave away in that renegotiation. Ha ha. 

So what vetoes did he give away?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Because we were actually in before any referendum that's 1973-2016. So inclusive years in the club are 44 + 4 more trying to actually get out = 48 (1973-2020).

So fairest to schedule the next referendum for 2068.

I'm sure everyone will agree? ????

We joined in 1973, and in 1975 were were asked if we wanted to remain and 67% said 'Yes.'

But ever since that referendum those opposed to our membership exercised their democratic right to campaign to overturn that decision, resulting in the 2016 referendum.

But now you and your fellows are saying that any campaign to overturn the 2016 decision, or even have a vote on it's final consequences, is undemocratic!

Which can only mean that in your idea of a democracy it is only allowed to campaign on issues in which you agree with the campaigners!

Yet another Brexiteer whose belief in Democracy is conditional!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, evadgib said:

(Pleassseee) give it a rest, 49...

Monty Python Black Knight Costume

Yet again, evading one, you prove that you are opposed to those who have opposing views to your own expressing those views!

Your use of the report button not getting the results you want?

• Haha 2

labour did best from the EU memberships ,kinnock and wife and blair built multi million pound property empires from their EU earnings ..not bad for signing a few documents

and labour  responsible for opening the floodgates to eu migrants  to the detriment of uk workers

43 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Yet again, evading one, you prove that you are opposed to those who have opposing views to your own expressing those views!

Your use of the report button not getting the results you want?

I'm keeping my head down so as not to unduly assist you in winding yourself up (despite your excellent entertainment value!????

Edited by evadgib
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Wrong. They were forecasts of what might happen if we left.

Misinformation and scare tactics from Brexiteers; just like the lies published about the Lisbon Treaty.

Read your own source!

He was not talking about a EU army under the control of the Commission, but an alliance similar to NATO which members would be free to join or not. 

So what vetoes did he give away?

I am right. It's Friday evening and intend to enjoy it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

I am right. It's Friday evening and intend to enjoy it. 

Look we all disagree over Brexit but would probably agree on 90% of other topics.

So have a good evening and enjoy yourself.

12 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Look we all disagree over Brexit but would probably agree on 90% of other topics.

So have a good evening and enjoy yourself.

aye,

we all agree on the UK minus Scotland issue

enjoy your Bellhaven!

12 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

aye,

we all agree on the UK minus Scotland issue

enjoy your Bellhaven!

You can not get Bellhaven in Thailand.

However it is the weekend and there is other beer to be had and dusky young maidens to deflower.

We can all start arguing again on Sunday ???? 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 12:51 PM, 3NUMBAS said:

labour did best from the EU memberships ,kinnock and wife and blair built multi million pound property empires from their EU earnings ..not bad for signing a few documents

and labour  responsible for opening the floodgates to eu migrants  to the detriment of uk workers

Labour the party of the working man.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 7by7 said:

After you dismissed proven facts as assumptions, what I said was

Which is obvious to any and all who have read your post and your routine dismissal of facts you don't like as assumptions!

That you and your clique routinely 'like' each others posts is obvious. But you forget that clicks of the HaHa, Confused and Sad buttons are also included in the total. Every time you or one of your mates clicks on one of those for one of my posts, which is very often, my 'like' total goes up!

Do I care about my 'like' total? Unlike you and yours; no.

Anyone who judges the veracity of their posts on the number of likes they get is seriously deluded.

I gave you a laugh for that anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, 7by7 said:

After you dismissed proven facts as assumptions, what I said was

Which is obvious to any and all who have read your post and your routine dismissal of facts you don't like as assumptions!

That you and your clique routinely 'like' each others posts is obvious. But you forget that clicks of the HaHa, Confused and Sad buttons are also included in the total. Every time you or one of your mates clicks on one of those for one of my posts, which is very often, my 'like' total goes up!

Do I care about my 'like' total? Unlike you and yours; no.

Anyone who judges the veracity of their posts on the number of likes they get is seriously deluded.

Good fun....:thumbsup:............................????

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nauseus said:
21 hours ago, 7by7 said:

The source that you, yourself, provided proves you wrong!

“A witty saying proves nothing.”
― Voltaire

Well, I suppose it's a comp0liment of sorts that you consider me witty.

Doesn't change the fact that your own source proves you wrong.

I suggest that in future you read the whole article, not just the headline, before using it as a source. It may help you avoid such faux pas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1