What Was The Last Farang Food You Cooked?

Brewster67

Just made myself an English Muffin with an Egg, a Sausage patty, and then Cheese on it, made myself a hash brown as well, nice breakfast with a glass of fresh squeezed Orange juice.  Making a pot of Chili beans for later tonight to have with my Hot dogs, aka "Chili Dogs".  Make Spaghetti sauce and then portion it out to use as needed.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just made myself an English Muffin with an Egg, a Sausage patty, and then Cheese on it, made myself a hash brown as well, nice breakfast with a glass of fresh squeezed Orange juice. 

Hahahahaha I just made the same myself, made some pancakes too !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brewster67 said:

I am from the UK and love the traditional food.

The last thing I cooked here was 3 days ago when i made homemade beef stew and crusty dumplings. I usually make around 5KG and freeze it in portions to eat over a few weeks.

First, asking people what they are cooking and at the same time telling that you are making amounts of 5 kg for freezing is like killing a good dish. As soon as you freeze the food and re-heat it or if it´s just pre-cooked it will loose it´s natural flavors and freshness.

However, the last dish I cooked was yesterday evening for my wife and 8 year old daughter. It was scallop ceviche with freshly baked pan riche and a colorful lime/mint sallad.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Cracked'n'Stirred an Egg into a Mug - then microwave 60secs

uWave warmed a white bun...

finger compress/hollowed the soft insides,

and popped the egg into the cavity...

(better than a maccas Egg McMuffin) 

• Haha 1

I cook western food a couple of times a week.  Usually a meat, chicken or fish, oven baked, or fish, with vegetables, roast or baked potato. maybe a cheese sauce. Sometimes a chicken casserole, or Italian food.  It's hardly difficult and absolutely no need to miss any food from "home". 

yeah the big difference that is a farang made bulk meal;

- portioning straight into the freezer for surviving the next few days/weeks

the non falang way, being to; leave it all open on the table for the next day - or everyone forced to eat the whole multimeal feast, there and then, inn one foul swoop! 

16 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Quiet often I do a big cook up to fill the freezer for week day meals due to no desire to cook after a long hard day at work, they are just as tasty as the day the y went into the freezer !!

At least you make me laugh! ???? I guess your pallet is not so sensitive.

• Haha 1

My Thai wife and our son both love macaroni and cheese. I will add some chopped bacon and sausage into the mix. Comfort food.

I also made grilled-cheese sandwiches using a sharp cheddar cheese, some sliced ham and some pickles with a bowl of Campbell’s tomato soup. Very nice. 

• Like 1