What Was The Last Farang Food You Cooked?

Brewster67

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I don't cook anything. That's what women are for.

I think you need to refer back to the sex ed classes, that's what they are really for, and if it takes me a bit of the old 'cooking magic' to get access to the 'sex magic', then I am all for it.  

As i have mentioned we used to live in the UK ,me the wife and our son , the wife makes the best baked potatoes i have ever tasted ,love them with cheese or Tuna almost anything ,i think she learnt how to cook them from a Jamie Oliver cookbook and then added her own whatever ,but honestly they are superb.

21 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I think you need to refer back to the sex ed classes, that's what they are really for, and if it takes me a bit of the old 'cooking magic' to get access to the 'sex magic', then I am all for it.  

At school we had woodwork, metalwork and technical drawing. The girls had needlework, social science and some home economics stuff. Different playgrounds. Footy and Hi-Jimmy-knacker were our playground games. Sex; I wasn't remotely interested.

Mrs Patel, taught me about sex, and how to pleasure a lady (and sometimes more than one at once), some years later.

I loved my shed. Remember Jack Hargreaves? The wife, of those times, said I made her kitchen untidy.

I had 5 sisters and was blessed with 5 daughters. They cooked; I ate.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

As i have mentioned we used to live in the UK ,me the wife and our son , the wife makes the best baked potatoes i have ever tasted ,love them with cheese or Tuna almost anything ,i think she learnt how to cook them from a Jamie Oliver cookbook and then added her own whatever ,but honestly they are superb.

The spuds sound delish but what was the last farang food you cooked ?

35 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Ahh nice, love shepards pie... Might give that a go next weekend !!

Can't do shepherds pie , its the lack of sheep up here but cottage pie I think is quite near . Mince meat ,fry , tip the oil out , mix with thick gravy add mushrooms ( wife goes out every morning picking them right now ). topping , mash pots. mixed with milk,egg yolk butter and cheese .

Damn ! going to have cottage pie tonight now ! Oh when I first met my TW she called it Caustic pie , my way is sooo much better.

9 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Can't do shepherds pie , its the lack of sheep up here but cottage pie I think is quite near . Mince meat ,fry , tip the oil out , mix with thick gravy add mushrooms ( wife goes out every morning picking them right now ). topping , mash pots. mixed with milk,egg yolk butter and cheese .

Damn ! going to have cottage pie tonight now ! Oh when I first met my TW she called it Caustic pie , my way is sooo much better.

I buy the lamb shoulders from Makro and grind them up.

Cottage pie is also a winner and I make that too !!

3 hours ago, sirocco said:

post 59, bonjour

Why, it is only in New Zealand that sheep are raised. ?????
Definitely, this forum is a mine of cultural knowledge.
Thank you

Lots of sheep are raised in Australia too. However, the fleeces get Bathurst burrs and bindi eyes in them, which is why some Kiwis who come to Australia are a burden on our hospital system. 

Made Bubble & Squeak for breakfast this morning,from left over

vegetables from yesterday's dinner ,always cook more vegetables

just for this reason, with black pudding and an egg, HP sauce ,and

a pot of Yorkshire tea, sets you up for the day.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Made Bubble & Squeak for breakfast this morning,from left over

vegetables from yesterday's dinner ,always cook more vegetables

just for this reason, with black pudding and an egg, HP sauce ,and

a pot of Yorkshire tea, sets you up for the day.

regards worgeordie

Yep it makes sure you are regular.

5 hours ago, Brewster67 said:

This isn't a pssing contest,

Why are you continuing pssing then? Nope they would not say that.

And, if they would. I started this discussion with the post regarding freezing food and re-heating it.

Edited by Matzzon

5 hours ago, dddave said:

I disagree.  Stews, soups and casseroles are often improved by a few days storage or freezing and being reheated.  Especially true for tomato sauces for pasta. 

A real italian pasta sauce is supposed to be put in a bucket and then in a bigger form with ice for cooling down after it is made. That´s because it´s better to re-heat cold pasta suace that is freshly made. Freezing it and re-heating is a totally different ball game that gives a negative result instead.

18 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Nice, will be throwing some 1kg tomahawk's on the BBQ soon.

In South Africa we cook our steaks over an open wood fire with high flames, called a Braai or Braai Vleis. Vleis being meat in Afrikaans. BBQ however is a potato chip flavour.

Now shout out loud when you have a braai with South Africans, wys jou vleis...  show us your meat.

Then bring the beers, or rum and coke or brandy and coke, come and join in.