What Was The Last Farang Food You Cooked?

Brewster67

55 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Not the slightest bit envious i'm afraid as most Chef's come across as uppity snobs and I would hate to be part of that crowd.

Yep, that was another way of saying that you don´t have a clue what you are talking about. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The last thing I cooked here was 3 days ago when i made homemade beef stew and crusty dumplings. I usually make around 5KG and freeze it in portions to eat over a few weeks.

Where did you get the suet from? i can't seem to find it here?

It's ages since I've had a good dumpling.

2 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

Gordon Ramsay and Gary Rhodes will both tell you that stew is better the day after, and Ramsay has three Michelin Stars... How many Michelin Stars do YOU have?

Having watched probably thousands of hours of the Food Channel, over the years and just about every food show ramsay ever made, i can safely say as a home cook, I have learned from the best. This isn't a pssing contest, it is a light-hearted thread aimed at the 99% non-chefs who cook at home for their own gratification.

I agree with you on that.

I get ideas by spending  hours watching cooking shows from the UK (James Martin, Matt Tebutt and all their guests, and yes, all the chefs state that stews are much tastier the day after.

I make a great chicken in paprika casserole and there is enough for 4 or 5 meals. The fifth meal is always the best.

Sausage casserole and mash.

A few days back I found some fajita sauce left over from a previous bake in the freezer so thawed that and had some chicken fajitas.

Last week was faggots in onion gravy and mash.

Haggis pizza last weekend.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

mignon.jpg

Poor guy.

Why not help him?

Filet mignon is a steak cut of beef taken from the smaller end of the tenderloin,

I wonder if he knows what "spotted dick" , "haggis, "yorkshire pudding" "black pudding"  and many others that I use when I am teaching English to Thai students.

Edited by petedk