Best Meat Pies

JimmyTheMook

i has a wonderful pie today at Chesters.

Dave the host, said he makes them himself when he can, so they may not always be available but do ask when you are there, you will not be dissapointed.

he refers to them as country pies.

i had one with smooth mash, peas and some excellent gravy @155baht

its a dining experience i would highly recommend to anyone and told him so.

• 2 years later...

I lived in Thailand for 6 years from 2003 to 2009 and when i first got there i found it amazingly hard to get any good English / European food, the stuff i was buying from F and B foods and Simple Simons was just terrible and even the smaller companies i tried just made horrible food, as i come from a food background myself i decided to make all my own stuff, so i went and bought a good quality meat grinder/ sausage maker and started making my own sausages and within a week of making these sausages i couldnt actually make enough of them because all the English people i knew wanted them and that lead onto all the bars i went into buying them, i then started making (which i had done before in England by the way) Scotch Eggs, Burgers, Pies, pork pies, meatballs, and lasagnes as well as some deserts, i became so busy with orders that within 2 months i had 3 chest freezers in my house full of orders ( By the way i was doing this in a small north Eastern Village and not Bangkok and Pattaya) which showed me that there was a high demand for good quality food in Thailand. All my food products were made with fresh local products and the meat i used was straight from an abbatoir where they would hang and age my beef to my specific instructions making the Thai beef tender believe it or not. I also sold my products to the Australian mine workers in Laos and started supplying the mines with all theyre western food products, so you could say i was building a succesful business, unfortunately due to personal problems i had to go back home, and at the time i didnt trust anybody to keep the quality of food up to my standards so i walked away from it.

I will be coming back to Thailand in January 2011 to re commence my food business but this time it will be a joint venture with one of my close friends (who also happens to be a butcher with 25 years of experience in making all his own meat products), i think between the 2 of us we have the knowledge and the expertise to be able to supply top quality freshly made food products consistently at affordable prices all over Thailand. Watch this space

No need to watch this space as this is a three your old thread. Also promoting your business on the forum can only be done with mutual agreement.

//CLOSED//