Swiss/KLM/Qatar ??

It is a long time since I flew with either Swiss or KLM but I remember both being somewhat utilitarian with frumpy stewardesses.

I find Qatar's service to be very agreeable in business class but very unexciting in economy. 

5 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

I find Qatar's service to be very agreeable in business class but very unexciting in economy. 

OP does not mention travel class. But Economy in Qatar is much better in my view (whether service/food or comfort) than either KLM or Swiss. Take into account however, that Qatar used to have 5 daily flights or so from BKK to Doha and usually a moderate transit waiting time for a subsequent flight to Europe. Right now QR has far fewer flights so check connections. Non-stop to AMS or Zurich may be attractive but this also depends on where you have to go next; do you have to take another flight/train? Qatar used to have an amazing number of destinations in Europe. 

• Like 1

Qatar is better IMO - in both business class and economy. 

From Doha to Bangkok there are 4 flights per day - although the Suvarnabumi Airport Departures / Arrivals web pages shows some flight cancelled. 

https://www.bangkokairportonline.com/flight-status-departures/

Today Qatar Departures: 

QR 981 BKK-Doha 19:40hrs - Cancelled

QR 832 BKK-Doha 20:25hrs - Cancelled

QR 833 BKK-Doha 21:10hrs - Cancelled

QR 837 BKK-Doha 21:10hrs - On Time

Todays Qatar Airlines Arrivals: 

QR 980 Doha-BKK 12:55 hrs - Cancelled

QR 838 Doha-BKK 18:35hrs - On Time

QR 838 Doha-BKK 19:00hrs - On Time

QR 826 Doha-BKK 05:00hrs - On Time

So - there is scope for being d!<ked about somewhat... 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Anyone know of the Qatar Airways car service / chauffeur drive is still available for business class passengers (i.e. in the UK - from our homes to the Airport) ????

If you mean a complimentary service such as Emirates offers, then no, and as far as I know Qatar have  never offered this.  They do have a partnership with Blacklane to provide a paid for service.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/press-releases/2017/sep/arrive-in-style-with-qatar-airways-luxury-global-chauffeur-servi.html

• 2 weeks later...

I flew Swiss on 1st July B777-300 ER BKK-ZRH (non-stop), Economy.

The flight was full, no particular social distancing, but almost all wore the masks (most of the time). Baggage 23kg permitted + 8kg hand (but no-one checked the hand baggage weigh) + additional "small item" (such as laptop bag, etc). I was lucky as there was a seat in between unoccupied (so more comfort) in a three-seat row towards the back of the plane. The price was also very good for the flight. The flight itself was smooth, service good, main meals (x2) prepacked (chicken & veg choices) but nothing special, choice of deserts & yogurt was good, drinks too (vine, beer, coke, hot beverages...) plus unlimited fruit & hot drinks during the flight... 

So all in all, good & would recommend Swiss.

Qatar Airways was my original choice (KUL-DOH-LON), but due to their fiddling with the flight availability & cost (they advertised it at a very good, competitive price and flight time at the time) - only two weeks after the purchase, they cancelled the flight and offered a more expensive and longer flight instead -  I've decided to go for a full refund (which arrived after 3 months from the original purchase, no interest paid) and chosen the Swiss (although in a generally very limited flight availability globally and from BKK). 

Edited by McArie
  • Thanks 1