Fearing an election loss, Trump allies push him to be less polarizing

webfact

Ah, yes, if he just CAVES some more on the issues that made him popular in 2016, that will surely work. 

The left / media will immeidately go rushing to his side, singing is praises, if he just puts a few more knives in his core-supporter's backs.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

Ah, yes, if he just CAVES some more on the issues that made him popular in 2016, that will surely work. 

The left / media will immeidately go rushing to his side, singing is praises, if he just puts a few more knives in his core-supporter's backs.

Well said. As most of us know, it doesn't matter what he does; the left and the media are going to try and crucify him anyway.

He has absolutely nothing to lose ( except his base ) by kowtowing to the demands of the haters.

2 hours ago, JackThompson said:

He was popular with his fans, and they'll again vote for him. But he needs more votes. In 2016 voters disenfranchised with Democrats and Republican s voted for him, and he'll need them again. Problem he has now is that he has hardly/no new supporters, and a sizeable portion of the non fans who voted for him last time are disappointed. He really needs them though, but atm he is only pushibg them further away. So yes, he needs to change.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Well said. As most of us know, it doesn't matter what he does; the left and the media are going to try and crucify him anyway.

He has absolutely nothing to lose ( except his base ) by kowtowing to the demands of the haters.

At this point, the best move would be to fire Jared and Ivanka, send them back to NYC, blame them for all the bad decisions, and take some very bold moves, like rigourously enforcing the Felony prohibiting hiring illegal-aliens - which has not been enforced in decades - starting with all the careers which used to pay middle-class wages (construction trades, food-prep/packing, etc).  

If he did that, enough Americans might be able to rejoin the middle-class, that he could pull off a win in the swing-states - though a very late start.  Such a shame the last 3.5 years were wasted on the unpopular GOP agenda, combined with kowtowing to leftist, but anti-labor policies, like letting violent felons out of prison.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, JackThompson said:

At this point, the best move would be to fire Jared and Ivanka, send them back to NYC, blame them for all the bad decisions, and take some very bold moves, like rigourously enforcing the Felony prohibiting hiring illegal-aliens - which has not been enforced in decades - starting with all the careers which used to pay middle-class wages (construction trades, food-prep/packing, etc).  

If he did that, enough Americans might be able to rejoin the middle-class, that he could pull off a win in the swing-states - though a very late start.  Such a shame the last 3.5 years were wasted on the unpopular GOP agenda, combined with kowtowing to leftist, but anti-labor policies, like letting violent felons out of prison.

I find it amusing that you think there is anything he could do at this point to pull out the election. That said, if it's close and not a blowout, there is a growing consensus that he will at least attempt to not leave. 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I find it amusing that you think there is anything he could do at this point to pull out the election. That said, if it's close and not a blowout, there is a growing consensus that he will at least attempt to not leave. 

Have to agree with your first sentence. Just not enough time to change anything now ( and that would be difficult anyway with Corona ravaging the country ).

However, I wish people would not keep repeating the, IMO, fake idea that he'll refuse to leave the W H. It's just not possible if authority rests with another, so is just scaremongering. That Hillary has jumped on that bandwagon confirms, IMO, that it's fake alarmism. There's enough fake news around that we don't need another baseless claim.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

7 hours ago, JackThompson said:

So Trump has wasted his time on the GOP agenda and kowtowing to the left 

Your sense of reality has totally gone out of the window.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2020 at 7:31 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Jack Kennedy was pretty decent, Carter likewise. Sadly those are the only good ones I can remember.

I've often heard, on these topics, and from certain posters, that dementia got something to do with memory.

Edited by Morch
  • Haha 1

On 7/16/2020 at 12:47 AM, JackThompson said:

I doubt you could attach reliable figures on any of these claims/statements. Or demonstrate that the above suggested effect would be as described.

As for the latter part - sounds like, essentially, Trump's presidency was a failure, doesn't it?

On 7/15/2020 at 4:40 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

However, I wish people would not keep repeating the, IMO, fake idea that he'll refuse to leave the W H. It's just not possible if authority rests with another, so is just scaremongering. That Hillary has jumped on that bandwagon confirms, IMO, that it's fake alarmism. There's enough fake news around that we don't need another baseless claim.

Trump leaving office for any reason is not alarm-ism, it is cause for celebration. Does anybody think that if Donald Trump loses this election that he will actually show up for Biden's inauguration? Does anybody really picture that guy sitting their and watching the guy that beat him take the oath of office...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/16/2020 at 4:40 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Have to agree with your first sentence. Just not enough time to change anything now ( and that would be difficult anyway with Corona ravaging the country ).

Them memory issues again. Back when, Trump tossed about enough remark to raise doubts whether he'll concede losing an election. The elections were supposedly "rigged", until he won, etc. Considering his many comments doubting facts, institutions, government officials and bodies, who's to say what he will or won't do?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/16/2020 at 4:40 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Many people have mentioned it, including Joe Biden and republicans as well. I hope you're right, but sorry, you don't know that you are. As this video expands upon, this man is capable of anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Unfortunately the threat of a crisis after the election is very real. This is like no election in American history. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/20/politics/disputed-election-crisis-trump/index.html

'Things could get very ugly': Experts fear post-election crisis as Trump sets the stage to dispute the results in November

Washington (CNN)Voting experts and political strategists from across the political spectrum are increasingly alarmed about the potential for a disputed presidential election in November, one in which one candidate openly questions the legitimacy of the results or even refuses to concede.

These experts are keenly aware of President Donald Trump's well-documented history of lying about voter fraud and claiming that elections were "rigged" when he doesn't like the outcome. They also see a Democratic base that is still burned from 2016, when its nominee was dragged down in part by Russian meddling operation, won the popular vote, and lost to Trump.

Nothing like a good old Fear Mongering to get the liberal heart beating. They use words like "could" "perhaps" "might" so they can concoct the most vile story and it doesn't have to be true.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Nothing like a good old Fear Mongering to get the liberal heart beating. They use words like "could" "perhaps" "might" so they can concoct the most vile story and it doesn't have to be true.

Ah, so you suggest to wait till after he rejects the results and think about the consequences then.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

There is a big problem with your rhetoric. The actual president has on multiple occasions said he won't commit to accepting the results. So the concern about this is facts based. 

A recount is normal with a close race. 

• Like 1

Just try to be a decent man, for a change. Try not to be so hateful. Try not to wake up every morning so miserable. Try to feel some compassion, sympathy, empathy and love for your people. Try to stop lying. Try to be smarter. Try to stop being so out of touch and tone deaf.  Try to represent your people, rather than yourself. Try to be a bigger man and a real man. Try to have thicker skin. 

Try not to get humiliated in November and take the party down with you, please! 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Just try to be a decent man, for a change. Try not to be so hateful. Try not to wake up every morning so miserable. Try to feel some compassion, sympathy, empathy and love for your people. Try to stop lying. Try to be smarter. Try to stop being so out of touch and tone deaf.  Try to represent your people, rather than yourself. Try to be a bigger man and a real man. Try to have thicker skin. 

Try not to get humiliated in November and take the party down with you, please! 

Surely you don't actually hold any hope for any of that? He is a million miles beyond any prospect of redemption. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Surely you don't actually hold any hope for any of that? He is a million miles beyond any prospect of redemption. 

Of course not. These behavioral abnormalities started at the age of 5, no doubt as Mary states. It was an attempt at satire. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Trump’s statement on FOX that he would not commit to accepting the result of the election might be a clue as to why the prospect of Trump refusing to accept the result of the election is being discussed.

However, no need to panic, the election is in November the result will be settled long before January when the 46th POTUS will be sworn in.

Getting back to topic, the more important date on Trump’s calendar is Labor Day (Sept 7), the date by which Mitch McConnell has given Trump to ‘turn the polls around’.

• Thanks 1

so his words were: “I have to see. Look ... I have to see,”

Trump told moderator Chris Wallace during a wide-ranging interview on Fox News Sunday.

“No, I’m not going to just say yes. I’m not going to say no, and I didn’t last time either.” 

which shows he's simply not going to play the demo game at the time he was elected in

12 minutes ago, tifino said:

so his words were: “I have to see. Look ... I have to see,”

Trump told moderator Chris Wallace during a wide-ranging interview on Fox News Sunday.

“No, I’m not going to just say yes. I’m not going to say no, and I didn’t last time either.” 

which shows he's simply not going to play the demo game at the time he was elected in

Not sure why anyone would ask such a question if not for sensationalism. Was Obama asked this question, don't recall he was. If asked such an asinine question would you not answer with an equal nutty answer.

So now all the leftist idiots can start the conspiracies about Trump not leaving WH if he should lose the election.

You guys are so obvious.... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Not sure why anyone would ask such a question if not for sensationalism. Was Obama asked this question, don't recall he was. If asked such an asinine question would you not answer with an equal nutty answer.

So now all the leftist idiots can start the conspiracies about Trump not leaving WH if he should lose the election.

You guys are so obvious.... 

The first time around Trump started claiming the elections were "rigged". No serious proof or support offered, but that's pretty much a standard by now. That was the background for such questions rising then, and that's the context in which the question was raised now. But then, you already knew that....so obvious.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m not sure Trump treating questions asked by FOX interviewers with contempt is a good idea.

but he is a very good Shazbat stirrer of others with feeble minds 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1