Solar pv cost

dulov

2 hours ago, sidgy said:

So, after reading this and Crossys car port thread, if the meter man were to see the meter running backwards, the likely worst outcome would be they would change the meter to one that wont run backwards. Is this correct?

The worst outcome is when they remove the meter.

But changes are that they will replace the meter with a digital version, although this cost them money so when they see the meter going backwards you had then to meet a bad mood meterer to report you.

Mine was replaced because, not that it was spinning backward, they did with all TOU (Time of Use) meters around here and only we have solarpanels.

That way information was sent trough the phone network directly to the utility company instead of having a meter man coming to download the data which then need to be processed at the office.

I never get printed bills promptly on the moment the meter was measured. Always one week after, a A4 sized bill, is sent by post to me.

2 hours ago, sidgy said:

With the size of system i am planning, (<2kw) i dont think i would be exporting much most days anyway and could probably just run a couple of aircons through the day of the meter reading (+/- 1) rather than turn off the system, at least then we would be getting a nice cool, de-humidified house for a few days.

your thoughts and wisdom welcome

Exactly my thought,  having the sensor measuring when export occurs to trigger some equipment which then use the power generated but not used.

For example , small dehumidifiers, laundry machine or battery chargers.

I, as well others who have the stupidity smart-meters has literally 'no exporting' every day.

Well, you can export but it's then 'wasted' and you won't get it back.

I can read on the meter outside that since December 2019 I have exported 57kWh so far. (300thb)

• Like 1

Yes, unfortunately i have already ordered an inverter and not seen that function on the specs. 

Due to my limited competence i have gone for the simplest option available and gone for Britmantoo's recommendation on that front.

Not ordered any panels yet, as mentioned by someone, the prices seem to be inflated to what they were just a couple of months ago but i might have to bite the bullet soon as my stuck at home due to Covid projects are mostly complete, Already painted external house walls, dug up and relaid patio , regrouted all floor tiles in the house and downstairs bathroom so need something else to occupy myself, especially with the kids going back to school

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidgy said:

Yes, unfortunately i have already ordered an inverter and not seen that function on the specs. 

Due to my limited competence i have gone for the simplest option available and gone for Britmantoo's recommendation on that front.

Not ordered any panels yet, as mentioned by someone, the prices seem to be inflated to what they were just a couple of months ago but i might have to bite the bullet soon as my stuck at home due to Covid projects are mostly complete, Already painted external house walls, dug up and relaid patio , regrouted all floor tiles in the house and downstairs bathroom so need something else to occupy myself, especially with the kids going back to school

Found some decent priced 330w panels on Shopee for 3090bht.

https://shopee.co.th/Poly-แผงโซล่าเซลล์-330W-Sunpal-Class-A-Grade-ใช้ช็าจแบตในระบบ-24V-ต่อขนาน-หรือ-อนุกรมในระบบ-48V-มาตรฐาน-CE-TUV-ISC-ISO14-i.221173972.6815599885

Shipping 380bht no matter how many you buy.

No COD though.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1