CCSA calls for vigilance as holiday weekend sparks fears of new COVID-19 infections

rooster59

CCSA calls for vigilance as holiday weekend sparks fears of new COVID-19 infections

ccsa.JPG

Thai authorities have urged caution as millions of people are set to travel across the country this weekend.

The four day holiday, which starts today (Saturday) is the first long weekend since Thailand lifted many of the restrictions put in place to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

It will also be the first opportinut many Thais have been able to return to their home provinces following the cancellation of April’s Songkran holiday.

On Friday, the Transport Ministry said it expects more than 7 million people to be travelling between provinces this weekend.

Meanwhile Thailand’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) said the mass exodus of people to rural areas could result in a surge of new COVID-19 infections, therefore, people need to exercise caution and continue to be vigilant at all times.

“We eased measures for high risk activities therefore you should stay vigilant all the time," said CCSA spokesperson, Taweesilp Visanuyothin.

Thailand has not reported a domestic COVID-19 infection in almost 40 days and has relaxed almost all of the restrictions put in place to combat the spread of the virus.

People in Thailand should still wear face masks when out in public and maintain social distancing, officials have said.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-04

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

Not sure this makes quite hence in Thailand.  People have been gathering for months within friends places.  Clubs are opened and crowded.  Having seen in around Thong lor, so why throw that precauation?  KTV are opened till late as well.

It has always been a precaution. Every daily announcement states for people to take precautions. Now that schools are back in session and with this long holiday, we will see what the situation is like in a couple of weeks time. 

My impression is that if there are any significant number of asymptomatic carriers here, they don't spread the virus easily, as there is some evidence to suggest that. But there has been nothing detected for 40 days already, so I dont think there are many asymptomatic carriers around, and those that are don't easilytransmit the virus. 

• Like 1

My guess is the Wuhan China virus was genetically modified so that the effect on the Thai people was minimal.   Why....well Thailand is the centre of the universe (ask a Thai) and having a major pandemic wouldn't do at all.  ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Wiggy said:

One minute they’re saying how well they’ve done and with no new local infections blah, blah, blah, the next they’re saying it could spread. How can something spread from nothing? Either it’s here or it isn’t. I wish the dithering would stop. It’s getting ridiculous now. 

you are part correct, however look at Victoria and other places where they recorded zero infections for short time and then a spike in the numbers suddenly presented itself. I don't think thailand ever said it had nothing to spread as you inferred, although their were zero cases reported for a number of days.

Hence the warning from the CCSA. 

• Like 1

Regardless of how rubbery we may think some of the reported figures are we are simply not seeing the bodies piling up like some countries. I think the culture of wearing masks across all political persuasions and by political leaders has been the unsung hero. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wiggy said:

One minute they’re saying how well they’ve done and with no new local infections blah, blah, blah, the next they’re saying it could spread. How can something spread from nothing? Either it’s here or it isn’t. I wish the dithering would stop. It’s getting ridiculous now. 

No problem,

No testing,so therefore no  infections,  all good.

• Like 1

The real reason for all the Paranoia over Covid, is down to the fact the the Authorities are bricking it because of all the people that have the Virus, but are not showing any symptoms.

And due to a severe lack of testing, there will be hundreds of them out there

Edited by Cake Monster

5 hours ago, Wiggy said:

Obviously no confirmed infections doesn't mean there's not a few people out there with mild or no symptoms.

2 hours ago, lensta said:

I 100% agree with you, this is fear mongering at its absolute worst and the "authorities should be charged with fake news.

Is fake news what all governments (assisted by the press) specialize in?