Apps from google play to Pc

Felt 35

Probably a stupid question for the computer geeks on the forum, but is it possible to download apps from google playstore directly to a laptop and use the apps? I have purchased an Amazefit sports watch, but I cannot download the software and cannot scan the QR code on the watch because.... yes I know I am old ????fashioned in principle and do not have a smartphone nor do I want!
Thanks for any info.

Felt

You can Google "Android emulators." These are supposed to emulate an Android box on your PC, though I've never used one.

You can't download Android apps from Playstore direct to your PC, though. You need to download them to an Android device with a Google account. Then you extract the .apk from the installed app on your Android device to your PC and run it inside the Android box. There are apps on Playstore to extract the .apk.

Simple answer is no, Android apps will not run on a windows computer, actually not on anything except an android device.

But you can download and emulator as tasout said. I use Nox, it is free and relatively ad free. You start Nox and then can download apps into Nox and use them there. You do need some disc space and a reasonable computer to run smoothly.

I am going to take a guess that it will link up with the sports watch. You can only suck it and see.

only ever used 1, used for a long time and works fine 'BlueStacks' emulator.  

So have all my TV on both a Android box and my PC, oddly often the PC via Bluestacks is better..  

My PC I built 11 years ago so very old, the Android box is new Android 9

???? Amazing Tv there are always someone in the know either its about visas or technical IT issues , thanks a lot. I will try the Nox emulator and as an alternative and if possible to extract the .apk to my Pc from my missus phone (she have a Samsung phone I think it is) she can scan the app on the watch.

Felt 35

Get the .apk file from googles playstore direct into Nox (or bluestacks).

If you can't get it there or there is a problem use Google to find the .apk file on one of may sites that enable you to download them.

Getting the .apk file out of an android phone is not easy.

I don't have any problem extracting the .apk with a program like APKExtractor, then moving it over a USB connection to my PC. Quite simple.

My understanding has been that Google Playstore only works with devices that are somehow certified by Google. Is there a way of fooling Playstore with a PC Android box so that it thinks you're running a Google-certified device?

Well in the end I ended up scanning the app with my missus phone. I tried Nox and had it up and going except the watch wouldn't pair with program from Google play store without scanning the app on watch.

Anyway thanks.

Felt.