Danish expat killed in Hua Hin

webfact

28 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

The minibus driver hit him from behind, is that not a fact? So stop posting such nonsense.

So You know the full story. Many a time a Mo Cycle has been missed by my Families alertmess or they would have rear ended toe wobling rider. No matter you just bang on with a biased one sided  picture. His Fault or not ive no idea.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

thailand should implement concrete meaures to improve road safety. thai roads kill more than the covid-19, i reckon

Not hard as one has taken less than 60 in total and road victims claims more than that total on a daily basis.

On 7/7/2020 at 2:53 AM, torturedsole said:

I only visit LOS a few times a year and seen so many accidents that I can't believe it's not 12,000 deaths a month.  Can we believe the statistics?

Well that's what we got, statistics. Only 1 time had around 20k road deaths and that was WHO estimates. 

Screenshot_20200710-101138_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200710-100937_Chrome.jpg

Everybody knows that the average is around 70 per day.

Don’t be fooled by statistics that judge show at the scene deaths..... many more die later from their injuries and are not recorded in some statistics.

Edited by hotandsticky
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/7/2020 at 9:46 AM, ubon farang said:

I went to the shops this morning It must of been "Idiots turn to drive today" Oh boy its a bloody circus on the roads out there. Where are the cops? They are probaly on holidays today also.Speeding, tail gateing, wrong side of the road drivers, Geez I had them all this morning And my wife tells me I dont understand Thai drivers Has anybody else in this forum had their wife tell them that one

mine agrees with me that they just don't care

now crazy they drive.

once behind the wheel, there are no rules

and no one else matters.

And worse than the driving, the insurance pay outs

are ridicules, if they pay out at all.

You get 1 take it or leave it offer.

You can try to sue, but you better have lots

of time and money before you start that.

Roads here are strictly a gamble,

your life, money, and property.

If you win, you arrive safe,

if you lose, you lose big. 

• Haha 1

On 7/7/2020 at 9:46 AM, ubon farang said:

I went to the shops this morning It must of been "Idiots turn to drive today" Oh boy its a bloody circus on the roads out there. Where are the cops? They are probaly on holidays today also.Speeding, tail gateing, wrong side of the road drivers, Geez I had them all this morning And my wife tells me I dont understand Thai drivers Has anybody else in this forum had their wife tell them that one

My wife agrees 100% with me

On 7/7/2020 at 7:41 AM, pineapple01 said:

It is indeed a Sad Event no Question, so is from what i read here is Hanging the Driver without  knowing the facts.

Nearly all (the other) commentators presume

• all Thai (minibus) drivers are driving like idiots !
  • (only) Thai drivers behave like this, the falangs never make driving mistakes!.
  • the driver was the the only culprit - without knowing the details !

Maybe it's their experience. My own experience over 15 years with minibuses from Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son on the N 1095, they are driving excellently; never involved in an accident. Maybe 1 or 2 times the driver shouldn't have overtaken.

When I see the traffic here on the N 1995 I cannot find any difference between young Thai and falang idiots racing with their motorbikes through the village in a high speed. They would like to impress the village people with the noisy gears of their bikes. A difference between falng and Thai drivers? Not at all beside the fact, that there are reponsible drivers on both sides. .

In our mountain area with many, many curves on the N 1095-road the public minibuses (Prempracha) drive only at daylight (with 1 exception). The bus drivers are driving only 1 minbus per day from CNX to MHS or vice versa, have 3 or 4 stops of 10 to 15 minutes. So they are relaxed after 6 to 7 hours tour and have enough time for sleeping.

But I hear and read different things about minibus companies in big cities like BKK. Sometimes they don't give them enough time for recreation between 2 driving jobs. That's specifically dangerous for driving jobs at night.  Who is the culprit now - the driver or the minibus-owner ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thailand Noobie said:

Well show me statistics, thanks. 

Decided to delete my reply as question is Off Topic. The info is easily located if you're actually interested to know some facts.

Edited by simple1

On 7/7/2020 at 9:26 AM, possum1931 said:
On 7/7/2020 at 7:41 AM, pineapple01 said:

It is indeed a Sad Event no Question, so is from what i read here is Hanging the Driver without  knowing the facts.

The minibus driver hit him from behind, is that not a fact? So stop posting such nonsense.

How did it come to hit him from behind?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

I don't know, did you not read the report? That's what it said, would it really have said that if that was not the case?

• Sad 1

His death is, obviously, very unfortunate and, as this is a one-sided report from a Scandinavian publication, it's safe to assume, without question, that the minibus driver was to blame totally and the Dane on the motorbike made no adverse contribution to the accident.

Or not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:
7 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

I don't know, did you not read the report? That's what it said, would it really have said that if that was not the case?

That's my point, you don't know what happened or who was to blame, do you?

I'm not disputing that he was hit from behind, I'm asking how did that come to happen?   Nowhere did it say that the minibus drove directly into him from behind with no contribution from the rider.

Edited by Bob A Kneale
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, possum1931 said:
12 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

That's my point, you don't know what happened or who was to blame, do you?

and you do know what happened, do you? I am only going by what the report said, the Danish guys friend said in the report that he was riding his motorbike and was hit from behind.

I will repeat it again just for your benefit, "the report said the motorbike was hit from behind". Got it?

No, I do not know what happened, that's why i have not apportioned blame, unlike some others!  How did he happen to get hit from behind was my point.  Got it?

Edited by Bob A Kneale
  • Like 2

On 7/6/2020 at 12:36 PM, Mavideol said:
On 7/6/2020 at 12:32 PM, webfact said:

he was hit from behind by a minibus while riding a motorcycle.

RIP ... another road casualty based on poor driving

Yes, but whose poor driving?  That has not been made clear yet everyone here is blaming the bus driver.  He may well have been at fault but there were two parties in this accident.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

I cannot comprehend what motivation someone would have to want believe a lower figure.

I cannot comprehend what motivation anyone would have to just want to believe a higher figure. 

Edited by Bob A Kneale
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1