Aluminum Kitchen Countertops or any cheap alternative ? What do you think ?

samtab

2 minutes ago, transam said:

I wouldn't buy granite, it'a marble for me, my kitchen is 40' long, has black marble with what looks like diamond flecks in it, been on about 12 years now, still looks good and easy to clean.. As the work top area is big, there are a few near 'invisible' joins, they used some sealing stuff on those joints. ????

Oh, floor and wall tiles have black grout, never looks dirty....

Marble would be the worst choice for a kitchen counter top , because it is porous and soft, so it will easily scratch.

https://www.maisondepax.com/should-you-use-marble-in-the-kitchen/

Granite floor tiles 60 x 60 can have the same invisible joints, because they are not sloping at the edges, and you  can use the same sealing stuff.

You also easily can cut granite floor tiles.to make the vertical board against the wall

2 minutes ago, Susco said:

Marble would be the worst choice for a kitchen counter top , because it is porous and soft, so it will easily scratch.

https://www.maisondepax.com/should-you-use-marble-in-the-kitchen/

Granite floor tiles 60 x 60 can have the same invisible joints, because they are not sloping at the edges, and you  can use the same sealing stuff.

You also easily can cut granite floor tiles.to make the vertical board against the wall

So folk don't have marble work tops, or even wood...????.....My last UK kitchen had 2" thick wood work tops, now how did I manage that....????

3 minutes ago, transam said:

So folk don't have marble work tops, or even wood...????.....My last UK kitchen had 2" thick wood work tops, now how did I manage that....????

Did I say you can not make counter tops out of marble? I'm sure you can even make them from cardboard, I only pointed to all the negatives for using marble over granite, which in your mind is inferior.

• Like 1

I wouldn't go for marble work tops either, as already said it is  porous so soaks up stains  easily

it also doesn't cope very well with harsh cleaning chemicals like bleach or the acid found in many bathroom cleaner products.

• Like 1