validity of bank letter for retirement extension

18 minutes ago, bronzedude said:

Joe, do you know if Jomtien immigration wants the passbook update on the same day of the application  or is the day before OK if the bank letter is dated the day before?

I can recall reports of them wanting the bank book updated on the same day you apply.

I renew at Jomtien.

I always get from my bank the DAY BEFORE.

For my most recent one I ...

1) Got book updated .. withdrawing some money first that day to facilitate.

2) Got the required letter. Its in Thai but think it confirms the account is held by me (passport nr)

3) As I do monthly import of money method .. they print ALL my years transactions.

I go 'loom' and highlight my imports .. triple check the form etc. This is time consuming (point I'm trying to make ????) and Im stressed there will be a problem.

Bank visit on day would not suit me.

So for me always day before.

Edited by PAWNEESE

3 minutes ago, PAWNEESE said:

3) As I do monthly import of money method .. they print ALL my years transactions.

I think the OP is using the 800k baht in the bank option not income going into a bank.

With the income option you do not have to prove your balance when you apply.

• Like 2

My retirement extension is due in mid-December when the Jomtien office is at its busiest. Two years ago, they started a new system in which they will only extend 100 visas a day, 50 in the morning and 50 in the afternoon. In mid-December, the 100 queue tickets for the day are finished by around 9:30 AM. Given that the banks don't open until 8:30, the time it takes to get the letter confirming your balance, and then to get back to Immigration, it's more or less impossible to get the letter on the same day that you apply for the retirement extension at that time of the year. For two years now, because of this new system, I've had to get the bank letter the day before applying for an extension, but there's been no problem at all with that.

I normally apply for my extension at Jomtien with a monthly bank letter obtained a couple of days before and a bank statement on the same day arriving at the office after lunch getting a ticket and taking about 1 hour there. Never came across a 100 limit issued at 9.30 so must be because I apply in August. Probably won't be so easy this year.

On 7/8/2020 at 12:45 PM, bronzedude said:

Joe, do you know if Jomtien immigration wants the passbook update on the same day of the application  or is the day before OK if the bank letter is dated the day before?

If you're going to Jomtien Immigration in the morning when they open,they have been ok with an updated bankbook and bank letter from the day before. 

21 hours ago, Guderian said:

My retirement extension is due in mid-December when the Jomtien office is at its busiest. Two years ago, they started a new system in which they will only extend 100 visas a day, 50 in the morning and 50 in the afternoon. In mid-December, the 100 queue tickets for the day are finished by around 9:30 AM. Given that the banks don't open until 8:30, the time it takes to get the letter confirming your balance, and then to get back to Immigration, it's more or less impossible to get the letter on the same day that you apply for the retirement extension at that time of the year. For two years now, because of this new system, I've had to get the bank letter the day before applying for an extension, but there's been no problem at all with that.

If you have done your extensions a few times at Jomtien Immigration, you should know that going in the morning (especially on a Monday) is not very smart. Instead, go on a Thursday after lunch when open 1pm. You're out in no time.