Teacher criticized for publicly humiliating student after cutting her hair

webfact

On 7/9/2020 at 5:30 AM, curious297 said:

See it for what it really is, it's a Power Trip. Hang on to what little power you think you have until you don't. When was it the responsibility of a teacher to cut students hair? Teachers are there to educate yet we hear teachers are also hitting, bullying, punishing with cruel and unnecessary behaviour, stealing lunches of children, all without parents consent and it's not only Thailand. Far too many instances of teachers "tripping" over trivial student matters. My kid roles with a healthy afro. He loves it and makes him happy. He likes when the girls curiously touch his hair as they've never seen anything like it in real. It never stopped him from learning and is mostly in the top of his class. Any teacher that cuts my sons hair without my permission will have my wrath to deal with. I pay then handsomely to educate, not to practice their barber skills.

Teachers should have a new motto:

Feed the child's mind and not your ego.

This is the way teachers behaved in the 60's in UK secondary schools. Power mad pricks. Fortunately laws are enforced in the UK and any teacher doing such a thing now could be imprisoned for assault

This issue has been in my sight line for all the years I have been here, as my step son was victim to one of these haircuts soon after I arrived.  Subsequently, I have challenged my own son's school on this issue many times, until they finally acceded!  The only reason the governor, and the entire entourage got involved in Sisaket was to stop the issue from becoming another public howling at how inane the old draconian law was, and the old draconian teachers can be.  The ONLY way to stop this issue from continuing, even though the minister has decreed long but tidy hair is acceptable at least three times since the rule was first introduced in the 1970's, is to SUE THE TEACHER, SCHOOL, SCHOOL DISTRICT, for criminal assault!  Full stop!

• Like 1