How to open A USA bank account?

DanFromHawaii

Unfortunately, I closed my USA bank account when I moved to Bangkok in January. I shouldn't have, for many reasons. But now I have to open a USA financial institution banking account. 

1. Because of Covid and because of the expense, I can't just fly to the USA to open a bank account. 

2. MAIN QUESTION: Do you know if there's a USA bank that has a branch in Bangkok that I can open a bank account at? I know there's a CITI Bank but haven't been able to get an answer there yet. Any others? 

Many Banks and Credit Unions will let you open accounts online.

Suggest you take a look at Charles Schwab, as their Debit Card

• Unlimited fee rebates from any ATM worldwide.
  • No minimum balance or monthly fees.
  • No foreign transaction fees on debit card purchases or ATM withdrawals.
  • Free Standard Checks and Visa debit card.
  • Schwab mobile app allows you to deposit checks with your phone.

I think you will have an extraordinarily difficult time if you are talking about a traditional bank account. Most banks that will allow you to open an account online will also require proof of address in the form of a utility bill. That makes it almost impossible to meet the requirements if you are not physically living in the USA.

Sadly, the KYC laws are designed to prevent exactly what you are trying to do.

You may have better luck with an investment account that does not require you to be a US resident. As posted above, Schwab does accept expats for their investment accounts, and that may be sufficient for you. You can also get a Transferwise borderless account which will give you an ABA and account number that can received US domestic ACH credit transfers and domestic wire transfers.  ACH debits are not supported through Transferwise.