Amnesty confusion Richard Barrow

Any idea what Richard Barrow is on about in his latest tweet ....

Please note, if you’re on a visa that has expired, it’s very important that you get it cancelled now. You are NOT on “visa amnesty” until you do that

This is the first i've heard of anything like this? All the info so far states that amnesty covers all expired visas and there is no need to do anything

Do you know what he means

Many thanks

• Like 1

It is for those that applied for a special 30 day extension using a letter from their embassy. They got a under consideration stamp with a report back date on it. He is saying that if you did not return to get the remainder of the 30 days you should get it taken care of now.

Not sure if that is correct or not.

• Thanks 1

I've been told by Chiang Mai immigration that I needed to cancel my last extension based on Non-O ED visa to get on amnesty. My last permitted to stay date was on 15th of June, I cancelled it a week before that and have been covered by amnesty since. 

• Like 1

RB shared a certain other news outlet's article, which we cannot share here. In that article it was mentioned that a certain Pol Maj Gen Piti said that the Interior Ministry's extension would expire on July 31. Now, that is either stating the obvious and is deliberately provocative, as there is no mention of an extension, or it means that Pol Maj Gen Piti is indicating that the amnesty is over. However, I assume that it is the Cabinet that decide these things, so we must still wait. 

1 hour ago, FarangSerbia said:

I've been told by Chiang Mai immigration that I needed to cancel my last extension based on Non-O ED visa to get on amnesty. My last permitted to stay date was on 15th of June, I cancelled it a week before that and have been covered by amnesty since. 

What did you do [exactly] to cancel your Non-O ED visa?