Chiang Mai: Desperate times call for desperate measures - Night Bazaar ghosttown, all-in massage down from 900 baht to 299!

webfact

17 hours ago, webfact said:

She was appealing to Thais to help out their compatriots by offering a massive discount on an all-in massage and spa treatment. 

Just goes to show how important the foreign tourism numbers meant to the industry,

Thais are still here but they won't pay 900 Baht, 299 they might "pull a few locals" [excuse the pun] 

With the government hurdles required to come here I think many will be out of business before the end of this year as no-one is travelling here anytime soon.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, andre47 said:

900 Baht for a normal massage? seems quite expensive for Thailand. I never saw such high prices. 200-300 Baht is the normal rate for a massage.

This place is in the heart of the tourist area and may be considered a "trap". But for 900b I'm sure they have some kind of 'spa-special' on offer.

Of course the going rate all over is as you indicated 200+ for a standard massage.

Edited by HaleySabai

All In means they dont stare at their phones thru most of it---Or can get happy ending foot massage

for a small fee....900!  That price belongs on nimman as its higher out on the hiso strip for chinese

Down to barely 10????  So Is it 9.5?    Somebody needs to water those plants outside those shops!

I wonder about the sign as I expected to see TAPE over the 900 bt and 299 scrawled over top of it

I would get mine weekly for 250 and tip 50, using the same lady who worked all my kinks out, and no, not those kinks, get ur minds out of the gutter........save it for loy kroh and those rough chubby isaan girls teelak!

massage.JPG.e57229ef5caf217bf11b6fbb3c4a4903.JPG

As we can see from their sign thanks to Google Streetview: They didn't have a 1hr massage for 900THB.

While the Aroma massage (600 to 299THB) and Scrub are indeed a promotion (even if not 900 to 299), the discount on a Thai massage is one whopping Baht.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 3:07 PM, jak2002003 said:

Agree. No wonder they have no customers now..as the local people are not going to pay those rip off tourist prices! I pay 200 baht most places for Thai massage and 150 - 200 baht for foot massage. 

how many feet you have?

• Confused 1

If it cost now 299THB and cost before 900THB then it was obviously 601THB overpriced.

299THB for one hour massage in Thailand is not exactly a rock bottom price. And I wonder how much the people who do the actual massage will get from that 299THB. I guess best case maybe 100THB per hour.

On 7/10/2020 at 12:54 PM, sweatalot said:

And it's not caused by the virus but by the government actions (Not only Thailand) . I wonder what would have happened without those.

Probably widespread corvid 19 spreading domestically, like currently in the US (now, Thailand's corvid cases are only from cross border entrants). Tough call: preserve the economy by not shutting down, or preserve healthy conditions. I bet when this all sorts out that Thailand's call was superior, and that eventually Thailand may become one of a few corvid free 'bubbles' that once again sees tourism reignite --  because it's one of a few healthy tourist destinations. Akin to New Zealand, I would think. And they're certainly held in high esteem for their methods. So, don't <deleted> all over the Thai gov't just yet -- wait for the post mortem.

On 7/14/2020 at 5:24 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

If it cost now 299THB and cost before 900THB then it was obviously 601THB overpriced.

299THB for one hour massage in Thailand is not exactly a rock bottom price. And I wonder how much the people who do the actual massage will get from that 299THB. I guess best case maybe 100THB per hour.

The massage ladies get the 'tip' for the happy ending.

Edited by BritManToo