Dependents Visa

Can somebody tell me the rules and requirements for Dependents visa

as far I understand someone with a retirement visa can ask for a dependent visa for a family member under the 50 years.

first for 90 days and after a extension for 1 year 

thanks you

regards 

Wayan

A member of your family (spouse or child) can apply for a non-o visa at a embassy or consulate and then an extension of stay based upon you having an extension based upon retirement. There is no maximum age for spouses. For children it it is over the age of 20.

Their extension will be issued to the day your extension expires.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wayan94 said:

you write for children over the age of 20. ?

The age of 20 is the maximum age for a child.

.I wrote it like this. 

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no maximum age for spouses. For children it it is over the age of 20.

To be more clear about our story the following and question what possibilities we have ?

my son lives for 13 years in Thailand , finish  his university and have his Batchelor degree,

Tourism and hotel management, fluently English. Dutch. and Thai  (Speaking and writing ). 

End  off the month his ED visa is ended , so he need to leave the country,

The best for him is to go Australia, on a working holiday visa, but because if the corona the borders stay closed at least till 2021/

Going to Holland  (Nationality ) is no option because in Holland we have no family and also it is hard to get a job.

Our family lives in Perth therefore the choice Australia.

For the moment he is in Phuket but as you understand to find a Job and work permit almost impossible 

What will immigration do ? extend visa till borders are open in Australia ?

it will be nice to hear your opinion or ideas 

Thank you, regards

Edited by wayan94
mistake

26 minutes ago, wayan94 said:

What will immigration do ? extend visa till borders are open in Australia ?

I cannot predict how long he can stay in the country other than perhaps to the end of August. I think they will extend the amnesty or at least offer 30 days extension.

I think some of the border crossings may open under an agreement between Thailand and the other country. If they opened he may be able to get a tourist visa from an embassy or consulate.

On 7/11/2020 at 9:17 AM, ubonjoe said:

A member of your family (spouse or child) can apply for a non-o visa at a embassy or consulate and then an extension of stay based upon you having an extension based upon retirement. There is no maximum age for spouses. For children it it is over the age of 20.

Their extension will be issued to the day your extension expires.

Hi ubonjoe, 

Do you have idea if the dependent visa can be apply in the immigration office in Bangkok?  Thanks a lot for your reply! 

6 hours ago, Lee20 said:

Do you have idea if the dependent visa can be apply in the immigration office in Bangkok?

There's really no dependent visa. There is a non-o visa that can be issued based upon being a member of the family on a extension based upon retirement that can be issued by a embassy or consulate. There is also a extension of the 90 day entry from that vsa  that can be applied for at immigration.

Immigration will not issue a non immigrant visa (category O) for that type of extension if your are on a retirement extension.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There's really no dependent visa. There is a non-o visa that can be issued based upon being a member of the family on a extension based upon retirement that can be issued by a embassy or consulate. There is also a extension of the 90 day entry from that vsa  that can be applied for at immigration.

Immigration will not issue a non immigrant visa (category O) for that type of extension if your are on a retirement extension.

Thanks ubonjoe

That's mean if I want to apply for the non o visa as dependent basis under my husband's retirement visa, I must leave Thailand to apply? As I got reply from an visa agency said that they can apply for me within Thailand for the fee Thb30k. I just wondering why an agency can do so but not allow to do the same by my own.  Thanks again! 

Edited by Lee20

18 minutes ago, Lee20 said:

As I got reply from an visa agency said that they can apply for me within Thailand for the fee Thb30k. I just wondering why an agency can do so but not allow to do the same by my own.  Thanks again!

Because immigration know and trust the agent not to report them accepting a 25k bribe (agent gets 5k).

By the way, 30k is way beyond the normal price.

Normally 25k for an agent to get your own retirement VISA, no funds or documents required.

Edited by BritManToo

35 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Because immigration know and trust the agent not to report them accepting a 25k bribe (agent gets 5k).

By the way, 30k is way beyond the normal price.

Normally 25k for an agent to get your own retirement VISA, no funds or documents required.

Thanks BritManToo

Actually the agent gave me the quote was 60k at the beginning.