Driving Times To Kan?

hellohello

What's the driving time between Ayutthaya and Kanchanaburi?

I’m also looking for... if any…a local coffee roasting /shop in /near Kanchanaburi? I went to a great place in Phitsanulok but I cant remember where or the name a few years back.. Any suggestions greatly helpful.

Kindly,

HH

:o

Taking the major roads i.e. via western outer ring rd A9 then A338 to A4 via Nakhon Pathom then A323 via Ban Pong is about 190k. I guess a medium time for the journey would be 2.5 hours, but a lot depends on the traffic. Last time I did it was last Oct, but I was slowed a lot by the floods. There is a route across country shorter by about 30k via Kampeng Sen taking the A346 off the A9 this avoids a lot of the Baghok taffic and is still a pretty good road.

As for coffee shops there are quite a few shows with fresh coffe, but I don't know any that roast inhouse.

Suphanburi would be the best option with the least traffic, around a couple hours, not particularly scenic but a good road.

I cannot think of any coffee place in Kan'buri, the brew is not exactly the staple of choice around here, Tesco is about the only place with decent coffee, that's make your own.

What's the driving time between Ayutthaya and Kanchanaburi?

I'm also looking for... if any…a local coffee roasting /shop in /near Kanchanaburi? I went to a great place in Phitsanulok but I cant remember where or the name a few years back.. Any suggestions greatly helpful.

Kindly,

HH

:o

Ebay,.

Reading all the posts, one thinks you are going to Ayutthaya and then to Kanchanaburi.

Should you wish to come to Kan from Krabi, take the Ratchburi turn off and this will take you to Kan, missing out all the other places around.

As for Freshly Brewed Coffee there are a few places in Kan, just have a look around.

Kan is quite a small BTW.

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

P.S. and welcome to Kan :o

Edited by Kan Win

Suphanburi would be the best option with the least traffic, around a couple hours, not particularly scenic but a good road.

to the OP, don't let 'em mislead ye...Suphanburi is the garden spot of Central Thailand...

:o:D:D

Fair enough, sighseeing in Suphanburi might reveal some beautiful garden however the question was travel time, not sightseeing time. When driving in that direction I never noticed anything out of the usual countryside, hence not particularly scenic which does not mean ugly.... :D

to the OP, don't let 'em mislead ye...Suphanburi is the garden spot of Central Thailand...

:D:D:D

Fair enough, sighseeing in Suphanburi might reveal some beautiful garden however the question was travel time, not sightseeing time. When driving in that direction I never noticed anything out of the usual countryside, hence not particularly scenic which does not mean ugly.... :o

relax, Francis...I was bein' facetious...there ain't no facetious smileys so I used :D:bah::bah: to indicate derisive laughter...I failed, it appears...

In my part of Suphan it's flat as a table top with rice paddies as far as you can see...reminds me of driving through the California central valley on hwy 99...all the wats even look the same...

boring...but, it's home... :o

• 1 month later...

About Sri Fa Bakery: There is one right at the Kan bus station. There is some caution about parking a car there, however. I went last time to a quick shopping for sweets and when I got back to my car which I parked a few tens of meters from the shop, I encountered a semi-mad man. He had just finished cleaning my windshield window and beamed at me with his demanding eyes for some change. So, the parking is unavoidably 10 bt.. If I'd told him to get off my face, there was no doubt that I would have been stabbed!