Getting visas directly from IO

5 hours ago, jackdd said:

That's not correct. A non-immigrant visa issued at an immigration office in Thailand looks like this:

28378130_1608267462596388_6248260620963903560_n.jpg.e87bed6abbde29bae19e432d2aff0bed.jpg

(random picture found on Google)

My last several Non-Bs have looked like that as well. The first time I ever got one, they made it sound like there was this elaborate process, and I was waiting for that shiny sticker all printed up like from a consulate, to come in from BKK. Then they called me, said hey your visa's ready, I came in with my passport, and I just got that stamp. Hah.

Oh yes. The waiting periods and trips back to meet their requirements varied quite a bit. Some of them seemed a bit ridiculous. I believe they had something to do with how much my employers were willing to "expedite the matter", something I've heard verbatim from officials.

Edited by CrunchWrapSupreme

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not all of them have that power. That is a common excuses used by people that try to justify them. It is mostly an officer not verifying that  the documents attached to an application are real, true and correct.

This is what the immigration order for extensions of stay states.

"5. In the case where an alien applicant does not meet the full qualifications stipulated by the criteria herein or in other cases not specified in this Order but a competent officer equivalent to or higher than inspector is of the opinion that the alien has legitimate reason for staying in the Kingdom of Thailand, the application shall be forwarded to the Commander of the Royal Thai Police or an authorized competent officer for further consideration of the alien's application."

the application shall be forwarded to the Commander of the Royal Thai Police or an authorized competent officer for further consideration of the alien's application."

Yes so as I said it can be overlooked - which is what happens Joe as well you know

It may go higher up but it's still the same outcome - the applicant gets their visa and the higher ups get their cut

My point is this is how people and I/Os get around the money not being in the bank for 3 months rule - you have clearly stated that if the alien does not meet the qualifications it goes for further consideration

Different wording than mine but still the same outcome

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Yes so as I said it can be overlooked - which is what happens Joe as well you know

Overlooked is more or less what I wrote. The do not scrutinize the application before approving it. The ignore the bogus proof presented.

41 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

My point is this is how people and I/Os get around the money not being in the bank for 3 months rule - you have clearly stated that if the alien does not meet the qualifications it goes for further consideration.

This 3-month bank-balance check is not a regular IO 'rule'. 

It is only required at some rogue IOs like Jomtien, SriRacha, UdonThani, PathumThani and probably a few others. 

At a normal IO, when using the money-in-bank method, once the 1-year extension of stay based on your Non Imm O or O-A Visa for reason of retirement, has been approved, there are no intermediate bank-balance checks conducted.  Only when you apply for your next 1-year extension of stay, IO will then check whether you met the bank-balance requirement during the 12 months preceding your application (i.e. 800K in the first 3 months, then 400K for the next 7 months, and back 800K two  months before date of application).

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Overlooked is more or less what I wrote. The do not scrutinize the application before approving it. The ignore the bogus proof presented.

They don't ignore it Joe - they are well aware of it and so are you

They do scrutinize it but are aware that it has come through a agent and know what paperwork is there and what isn't there

My point is certain aspects of applications can and do get overlooked and of course there is a fee for this overlooking - whether it is overlooked by the desk I/O or higher up certain parts of a application do not have to be in order

If you try to do this yourself without a agent your application would be refused or you would be asked for a fee

Hence many people use agents 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jackdd said:

That's not correct. A non-immigrant visa issued at an immigration office in Thailand looks like this:

28378130_1608267462596388_6248260620963903560_n.jpg.e87bed6abbde29bae19e432d2aff0bed.jpg

(random picture found on Google)

Top left is the actual visa stamp, right page is admitted until and re-entry but what does the stamp on the bottom left say or what is it's meaning?

Edit: corrected right to left ????

Edited by ExpatDraco

25 minutes ago, ExpatDraco said:

Top left is the actual visa stamp, right page is admitted until and re-entry but what does the stamp on the bottom left say or what is it's meaning?

They are stamps with info about the application and approval of the visa application.

• Like 1