Covid clearance certificate before checking the apartment

freesudani

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You can be sure if the complex is this silly about these requirements they are also daft about other requirements. 

Have you asked if you can check the recent Covid-19 results of the other residents to ensure you are safe when visiting? I know - its a particularly unhelpful and pedantic point which may not even drive the point home. 

If you like the place, one idea maybe just to make up a document, it's not as if she knows what she’ll be looking at.

I know it's somewhat fraudulent, but really, from the common sense perspective the official statements announce Thailand is covid free for 40+ days etc, so what is the risk? (if you believe the official statements). 

Are all guests of existing residents allowed, are they required to present a recent Covid-19 certificate? 

In a situation whereby someone or some local committee have set some ‘knee-jerk’ policy which on the surface in a committee meeting sounds great, but when actually being acted out is fundamentally flawed, IMO it would not be unreasonable to circumvent such in whichever way you can.

hmmm, maybe ask the receptionist id she and all staff and all residents have a current covid negative document...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RachaRob said:

I changed rooms in my condo and had to get a medical certificate to say i didnt have corona even though i have stayed there 3 years!

Did you ask if the New room was  "Corona Cleaned Disinfectant "  Before you could move in that room?

• Like 2

Sounds like a hassle, but I guess owners are paranoid about people walking around inside, touching things, maybe use the toilet.  

Anyway, I guess if you really/seriously interested in the place go get tested then negotiate a lower rent to make up the fee.

Otherwise, find something else 1000's of rentals out there.

Edited by bkk6060

19 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Sounds like a hassle, but I guess owners are paranoid about people walking around inside, touching things, maybe use the toilet.  

Anyway, I guess if you really/seriously interested in the place go get tested then negotiate a lower rent to make up the fee.

Otherwise, find something else 1000's of rentals out there.

They were not requesting a certificate for me to move in ,  they were asking for it so i can check it .....i aint gonna spend thousands of bahts just to do that .... especially in a country which is supposedly 50+ days virus free and incoming flights are banned.  just sounded ridiculous....plus what if my friends are coming to visit .. are they gonna have to prove they are virus free as well  before they get in?

Edited by freesudani
  • Like 2

That might be the apartment/condo management rule result from the situation now.

All kinds of new Covid-19 related implementations at the condo I stayed also.

Get an agent to help you.

Won't cause any additional from you as commission will pay by your landlord.

OP, Maybe you could divulge if its one of the big name chain type appartment complexes at various locations?

Im sure many would be interested to know.

And then others might be able to confirm if its just a one-off, or happening everywhere.

Its a worrying development if this spreads and becomes the norm.

That would just about be curtains for me if this is just being directed at farangs only.

But it would not suprise me in the least.

• Like 2

Why not rent a house? I'll never ever rent, buy or even stay in a condo again, given the experiences people have shared here. None of this nonsense applies if you rent a house, perhaps on the outskirts of a city.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pookondee said:

OP, Maybe you could divulge if its one of the big name chain type appartment complexes at various locations?

Im sure many would be interested to know.

And then others might be able to confirm if its just a one-off, or happening everywhere.

That would just about be curtains for me if this is just being directed at farangs only.

But it would not suprise me in the least.

Well, foreigners of any nationality, but even then, a worrying trend if true.

23 hours ago, pookondee said:

well its already happening .... just got a message from my friends ... we usually go hiking together ...they told me now national parks and vendors are requesting foreigners for residency before entry so now i have to take my passport with me whenever we go on for a trip.....