China suspends two Thailand flights over COVID-19 cases

webfact

23 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

But why were these covid+ passengers allowed on board in the first instance at whatever port of embarkation

Pesumably they were Chinese nationals, and allowed to return home under some rules?

We're told they were charter flights, so likely arranged by the Cinese government.

No clue why these pax were allowed to travel unless they tested negative prior to departure, then tested positive after arriving? Or why China is 'blaming' Thailand. Seems like some details remain unkown to us.

All very confusing.

• Thanks 1

Both Tianjin and Guangzhuo have populations of roughly ‎15 million. Maybe the Chinese government arranged these charter flights realizing that  -- if their Chinese citizens from these cities wanted to get back directy to their home city directly from either Jakarta or Kuala Lampur -- they'd better be on these flights or they could be stuck for a long time if they were forced to stay behind.

There was no one from Thailand returning on these charter flights. The charter flights from China probably flew back to BKK empty crew only. But as far as I know, borders are closed for incoming flights not outgoing flights:

Q. Are there still flights out of Thailand even though there is a ban on incoming international flights?
A. The following airlines are currently offering outbound flights from Bangkok with connections to the United States: Korean Air, Qatar Airways, Ethiopian Airlines, Japan Airlines, Air Asiana and Lufthansa.  

https://th.usembassy.gov/covid-19-faq/

Edited by SkyFax

Thai AirAsia X, Thai Lion Air face ban for taking Covid patients to China

By The Nation

800_50079a51f42194a.jpg?v=1594883387

The Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) announced on Wednesday (July 15) that it was banning all Thai AirAsia X and Thai Lion Air flights to the mainland from July 20 to 27 as a punishment for bringing Covid-19 patients into the country.

Five passengers travelling Thai AirAsia flight XJ808 from Don Mueang to Tianjian were infected, as were six passengers on Thai Lion Air SL117 from Bangkok to Guangzhou. The flights were operated on July 7.

Both flights had been chartered to pick up Chinese citizens in Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta. However, the flights had to stop off in Bangkok to change the flight number, though no passengers left the planes, enter airport buildings and no passengers were picked up.

The Thai AirAsia X flight from Kuala Lumpur was originally coded XJ325, but had to be changed to XJ808 because they did not have permission to operate under the initial code.

Thai Lion Air said it had stopped off in Bangkok for refuelling.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30391418

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-16

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Pesumably they were Chinese nationals, and allowed to return home under some rules?

We're told they were charter flights, so likely arranged by the Cinese government.

No clue why these pax were allowed to travel unless they tested negative prior to departure, then tested positive after arriving? Or why China is 'blaming' Thailand. Seems like some details remain unkown to us.

All very confusing.

Sounds to me:

It was a Thai plane and a Thai company, that had the all-clear to fly a direct route from Bangkok to China.

But they picked up passengers from Malaysia beforehand on the 1st leg,

flew to BKK, then later flew that same plane with those same passengers, unchecked.. into China.

Id say that was a pretty big no-no on behalf of the Thai airline.

And what if those infected passengers had a few hours transit time and were wandering around and eating at the Thai airport??

I might be wrong, thats just how im reading it.

But if thats the way it rolled, they cant really pin this one on foreigners.

Very sloppy.

Edited by pookondee
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ratchsima said:

There are very different opinions among Thais.There are many Thai people who dont trust and believe in the Covid19 numbers. Thais have been arguing with each other all the time with all the updated detailed arguments and evidiences. 

Why do you think that only farang are so special to see what government are doing? 

I think your common sense have problems here.

In fact , I find some farangs opinions and argument here in TVF  are very shallow , cliche and outdated and unbelievalbly naive and silly with lame jokes. For example, yours and some others.

We are interested and I agree with you - 'I find some farangs opinions and argument here in TVF  are very shallow , cliche and outdated and unbelievalbly naive and silly with lame jokes.'

Please help us.  I would like to know Thai opinions on many of the issues that appear here.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I thought Thailand was covid-19 free, maybe it was Egyptians or Sudanese on the flight????

20 hours ago, AndrewMciver said:

Hang on i thought Thailand was covid free ?!

You know the truth doesn't come easy for the PM and his side kicks. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pookondee said:

Sounds to me:

It was a Thai plane and a Thai company, that had the all-clear to fly a direct route from Bangkok to China.

But they picked up passengers from Malaysia beforehand on the 1st leg,

flew to BKK, then later flew that same plane with those same passengers, unchecked.. into China.

Id say that was a pretty big no-no on behalf of the Thai airline.

And what if those infected passengers had a few hours transit time and were wandering around and eating at the Thai airport??

I might be wrong, thats just how im reading it.

But if thats the way it rolled, they cant really pin this one on foreigners.

Very sloppy.

One of the aircraft needed refueling...passengers must have left the aircraft for this to happen.

25 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

One of the aircraft needed refueling...passengers must have left the aircraft for this to happen.

It depends on the the type of fuel used

Refuelling with Kerosene (JET A, JET A1 JP8, TS1, RT, TH or equivalent, in accordance with the approved Aircraft Flight Manual), is allowed when passengers are boarding, on board, or disembarking.

https://www.skybrary.aero/index.php/Refuelling_with_Passengers_on_Board

I don't really get it, any flight has to submit a "flight plan" for it's entire trip ahead of time, stating departure and destination with flight information.
No way would one have to return to Thailand and land to change it's flight number on the second leg of the sector, as that would have been sorted before the flight, and would incur landing fees.

And no way would one need to return to Bkk to refuel, that would incur landing fees  and extra costs.

Something is fishy here and it ain't the nam plaa.

On 7/16/2020 at 3:08 AM, Yinn said:

Because some countrys very serious about covid. China successful reduce covid a lot. 

Other countrys the people still fighting wear the mask etc 10,000++++ dead.

You see news yesterday?? 

Prayut admit he wrong, he sorry about the Rayong problem. 

Thai is united together fight covid. Covid is not “politics” issue in Thailand. Is a virus. 

Other countrys fight left and right, fight statues etc etc. so stupid!

Virus not care politics.

Many TVF members try to spread fake news about covid in Thailand 4/5 month already. Everyday. 

We want the virus finish quickly. Have life, economy again. Some countrys stupid and make covid worse. 

The Thai government can not control social media. Sure. 

Probably some in thailand have covid, not know about it. Is why still wear mask in shop, test temperature, thaichana app etc

The government NOT say thailand have no covid. They say must be careful. Safety first.

Foreigners live in Thailand. Please follow the rules, wear a mask, wash hands, social distance. 1 million new infection last 5 days the world. 

Please help together.

The USA/UK now admit masks effective for spread. Deny first 5 month. Politics. Stupid!

What are you saying Yinn? European Union have running economy since June already, everyone can travek free, the only smaller outbreak was in the Southern Europe, but how many people Thailand tests per day? When Thailand will start their economy? How long you think your people can survive on 5000thb handouts?? I guess not long, dont worry foreigners wont come back. The Chinese lied about Covid-19 from the first day! So i dont believe to them anything what the Communist regime say, if you believe that they are Covid free is your thing! 

I’m not sure I understand why they would penalize the airlines, if it was their own people?  Are other countries supposed to take care of them until they are healthy and COVID free?  It’s the Chinese responsibility, so why penalize the airlines-they started this by not reporting it immediately 

13 hours ago, Redline said:

I’m not sure I understand why they would penalize the airlines, if it was their own people?  Are other countries supposed to take care of them until they are healthy and COVID free?  It’s the Chinese responsibility, so why penalize the airlines-they started this by not reporting it immediately 

As with many things involving Thailand and China these days, nothing in this story makes any sense.

-China has a VERY strict ban on foreigners entering the country, so it's unlikely they were Thai nationals onboard.

-The flight plans have never been explained with any degree of coherent logic. 

-As you mention, why penalize the carriers when it was purportedly a charter flight and should not be their responsibility for passenger selection.

My guess would be a repatriation flight with a stop in BKK to pick people up, who were the infected ones. But both the Thai and Chinese governments don't want to implicate each other - so we get this craziness and they hope it will all fade away.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phkauf said:

As with many things involving Thailand and China these days, nothing in this story makes any sense.

-China has a VERY strict ban on foreigners entering the country, so it's unlikely they were Thai nationals onboard.

-The flight plans have never been explained with any degree of coherent logic. 

-As you mention, why penalize the carriers when it was purportedly a charter flight and should not be their responsibility for passenger selection.

My guess would be a repatriation flight with a stop in BKK to pick people up, who were the infected ones. But both the Thai and Chinese governments don't want to implicate each other - so we get this craziness and they hope it will all fade away.

Right, and they both have a predetermined story that makes no sense because they think everyone are either idiots, passive, or afraid of them~which is how it generally works out

17 hours ago, Redline said:
On 7/18/2020 at 9:38 AM, phkauf said:

Right, and they both have a predetermined story that makes no sense because they think everyone are either idiots, passive, or afraid of them~which is how it generally works out

So 9 Chinese citizens. who were later determined to be COVID positive upon arrival in China, checked-in, cleared immigration, etc., and boarded their respective 2 flights at DMK. What then happened at DMK -- was the airport temporarily shut-down and fumigated -- were airline, airport, immigration, etc., personnel who may have had exposure to the 9 infected passengers put on 14 day quarantine?

Look at what just happened in Rayong with one positive Egyptian airman in their midst. They shut down practically the whole province.

But at DMK -- NOTHING.

Edited by SkyFax
  • Like 1