Marriage Extension

Could I ask a question, does anyone know if it is possible to do the 1-year marriage visa extension after first obtaining a 60 day extension.

I am trying to decide which to apply for as 7/31 comes closer, I have never done the 1-year thing before. Seems like a lot of paperwork and financial things to get together in a short time. Wondering if it's an option to just do the 60-day extension for now and see how things go with the virus, etc., and maybe tackle the 1-year thing later.

Thanks for any tips/experience

• Like 1

19 hours ago, otissp said:

Could I ask a question, does anyone know if it is possible to do the 1-year marriage visa extension after first obtaining a 60 day extension.

I am trying to decide which to apply for as 7/31 comes closer, I have never done the 1-year thing before. Seems like a lot of paperwork and financial things to get together in a short time. Wondering if it's an option to just do the 60-day extension for now and see how things go with the virus, etc., and maybe tackle the 1-year thing later.

Shouldn't be a problem. I did my 1 year extension about 90 days ago after a 60 day extension.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, otissp said:

Yes, I did exactly that in June. Had to because I didn't have the money in the bank for long enough, so got a 60 day extension to my Non O SE and later applied for the extension based on marriage. Then have to wait one month for approval. I will know on Tuesday if successful.

You're right about the paperwork though, took me 3 visits to immigration before they were satisfied everything was correct, so don't wait until the last minute to start the process.

Edited by Tmoney
additional info
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Nobody has ever been unsuccessful.

If they accept your application, it's just a matter of paper pushing.

I appreciate you comments, I'm sure you're right, however in my case one set stays in the IO where I applied (your correct, they said should be OK) but the other set has been sent to Songkhla where apparently the final decision is made, hence the one month delay.

3 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

I appreciate you comments, I'm sure you're right, however in my case one set stays in the IO where I applied (your correct, they said should be OK) but the other set has been sent to Songkhla where apparently the final decision is made, hence the one month delay.

The sending off is just a way of paper pushing, as Britman said.

It'll be fine.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, faraday said:

The sending off is just a way of paper pushing, as Britman said.

It'll be fine.

When you think of all the sheets of A4 paper work generated not just by immigration but banks, Tessabaan and Amphur departments etc. there must be huge warehouses somewhere storing all this useless historical paperwork which will never see the light of day again. Weren't computers supposed to stop the need for all that?

Yes, I know - TIT

21 hours ago, otissp said:

Yes, I did exactly this. Entered Thailand in January with 30-day VE.  In Feb, got a 60-day tourist extension.  In March, converted to Non-O for marriage (at CW).  No "seasoning" of money needed for that; just need the 400K in the bank.  In May, got my 1-year non-O extension for marriage.  Had 2+ months of seasoning on my money.  This got approved in June (got the 1-year stamp in my PP) and then I can spend the money. 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 2:54 PM, otissp said:

I am trying to decide which to apply for as 7/31 comes closer, I have never done the 1-year thing before. Seems like a lot of paperwork and financial things to get together in a short time.

Not if your organised. Most of the copies are from documents you already have at home and you can make multiple copies as the same document copies are required each time.

A trip to an Amphoe for an updated Kor Ror 2/22 and a trip to the bank for the financial evidence.