3bb wants 6 months payment in advance

soi3eddie

there was a period when it was reported they wanted the full 12 month paid in advance (other ISP too)
made no difference to myself
as i always pay 12 months as you get 8% discount
and your contract is for minimum 12 months so you will need to pay it sooner or later if staying here
IMO might aswell pay in advance save some money and save time thinking about or paying each month

Edited by innosiem

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

Come on it's only $100 not a massive ask. I am happy to pay 3BB one year in advance and get my 8% discount.

After seeing the 3bb guys at my condo yesterday and they re-assured me they can run the fibre optic to my room I just paid 1 year and got the 8% discount. It saves me 350 Baht per month off my old price for 80/30mbps with AIS (who don't offer full fibre optic in my building).

Only thing is that I loose AIS Play box but found that LOOX TV is on my TV as an app already so it has Thai TV for any Thai guests.  

4 hours ago, poosmate said:

Beware the new gpon router (W5).....cannot use any other DNS...3bb have their own firmware ( locked for user) and the DNS is ISP. Even changing DNS in devices does not work.

I guess Thai ISPs want to monitor activity? Normally I use Google DNS 8.8.8.8.

I may actually use their router in bridge mode and connect my existing ASUS-AC68U. Would that work?

3 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

As always in TH there are no uniform rules. That said I always pay for a year as they offer fat discounts.

8% is not that generous. At least 12% for 1 year would be better but I guess something is better than nothing.  

5 hours ago, superal said:

3BB ? I pay for 1 gbps but they like to give me 50 Mbps  . Ongoing dilemma for more than 1 year . Tried to say my equipment , not true , my restaurant customers say your WiFi is slow . Tried to cancel 2 year contact but got warned that I would have to pay for the full term and the initially free installation of fibre 

I had 3BB for several years and never had any problems. Their speed was in same bracket as AIS Fibre, which is actually very good. Ended up moving to AIS completely because if Playbox, which 3BB didn't have. Initial idea was to have AIS only for TV (Fiber+Playbox Platinum was still 50% cheaper than TrueVisions Platinum) but found myself using 3BB less and less, so I finally cancelled it. But they were excellent. If I moved and new place only allowed 3BB or True/CAT/TOT/FiberNet, I'd choose them without a second of thought.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1