changing reason for 1 year extension

A pal of mine has got permission to finally return back to Thailand and after his 14 day quarantine he will need to apply for his yearly extension towards the end of next month. He has asked me a question which I have no idea about so hopefully someone can advise so that I can pass it on.

The issue is that he used to be here on 1 year extensions based on marriage, income confirmed by his embassy.  Last year the embassy letters were no longer available to him so he used, or tried to use the monthly income method. Although he thought he had it covered because his average monthly income into a Thai bank was over the required amount , one month, due to payment dates, there was a short fall and the IO turned down his application. So he had to use a retirement extension method  based on having more than 800,000 THB in the bank.

This money he had be saving for his daughter and apparently now he has given it to her.  He had planned this so throughout the present year he has ensured that a monthly remittance into his Thai bank has been in excess of 40,000 THB.

Now the question I hope some one can answer is this. Having last year been on an extension based on retirement and now wishing to revert to one based on marriage again, will he have to show 12 months of remitted income to his Thai bank,  or as it is in effect a new extension based on marriage, will he need to only show 2 months income into his Thai bank ?

Thanks for any feedback.

It will be considered his first extension since he will be entering with a new non-o visa. He only needs 2 or 3 transfers of 40 baht from abroad.

If has more than 2 or 3 months he should show proof of them as well.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It will be considered his first extension since he will be entering with a new non-o visa. He only needs 2 or 3 transfers of 40 baht from abroad.

Many thanks for your reply but I am not sure as to whether he will be entering with a new non-O visa. You see he was on an extension due to retirement and like many years before, when he was on extensions due to marriage, I am sure he always had multi-entry  permits as he used to come and go a bit. So does that count as a new non-O ?

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Ubonjoe so it can be 2 or 3 months? 2 are not enought? 

And another thing. Went to check to my bank today and even though my company is a big international company they wire the money to my Thai account from Thailand. So i am f.... :).

Does it (40k + from abroad) has to be from business account or can a friend send it? DO i have to show a contract at immigration or what do hey check?

35 minutes ago, Excel said:

Many thanks for your reply but I am not sure as to whether he will be entering with a new non-O visa. You see he was on an extension due to retirement and like many years before, when he was on extensions due to marriage, I am sure he always had multi-entry  permits as he used to come and go a bit. So does that count as a new non-O ?

It appeared to me reading your post he did have a valid extension when he left the country.

If he has a valid re-entry permit he would still be on a extension based upon retirement and would need 12 months of transfers.

You wrote this so I think he already has 12 months of transfers or will have when he needs to apply.

1 hour ago, Excel said:

He had planned this so throughout the present year he has ensured that a monthly remittance into his Thai bank has been in excess of 40,000 THB.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It appeared to me reading your post he did have a valid extension when he left the country.

If he has a valid re-entry permit he would still be on a extension based upon retirement and would need 12 months of transfers.

You wrote this so I think he already has 12 months of transfers or will have when he needs to apply.

Many thanks for the clarity. Yes he will have 12 months by the time of his return. His only issue was he know that BKK bank can take more than a week to provide a 12 month statement whereas for 2/3 months he can get over the counter. Not sure of his exact return date but he gave impression he has only a few days before coming out of quarantine and when his current extension expires, hence his worry about having to wait a week for his 12 month statement.

34 minutes ago, Excel said:

Many thanks for the clarity. Yes he will have 12 months by the time of his return. His only issue was he know that BKK bank can take more than a week to provide a 12 month statement whereas for 2/3 months he can get over the counter. Not sure of his exact return date but he gave impression he has only a few days before coming out of quarantine and when his current extension expires, hence his worry about having to wait a week for his 12 month statement.

It takes about week to get the 12 month statement at many offices. It be obtained at some main branches while you wait.

If he is going to be in Bangkok he can go to the main office on Silom Road and get one while he waits for it. 

Where will he be applying for his extension at?

If needed he could apply for 60 day extension to visit his wife to get more time to do the application if needed.

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It takes about week to get the 12 month statement at many offices. It be obtained at some main branches while you wait.

If he is going to be in Bangkok he can go to the main office on Silom Road and get one while he waits for it. 

Where will he be applying for his extension at?

If needed he could apply for 60 day extension to visit his wife to get more time to do the application if needed.

Many thanks and passed your info on