Extending Non OA stay based on retirement with new passport

I just got a new passport. will be extending my non OA based on retirement at CW. Wondering, do I need to do anything such as transfer anything from the old to new passport before I head to the counter for extension? Or will they do that at extension desk? Thanks.

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

They will do it at immigration.

Did you receive letter along with pp

Yes, US embassy letter asking Immigration to "bearer's immigration stamp" from old to new passport. I'm wondering, for that, do I need to go to a different counter at CW to get this done before going to Non O-A stay extension counter? Or do I just show up at Non O-A counter with both passports?

5 minutes ago, david_je said:

Yes, US embassy letter asking Immigration to "bearer's immigration stamp" from old to new passport. I'm wondering, for that, do I need to go to a different counter at CW to get this done before going to Non O-A stay extension counter? Or do I just show up at Non O-A counter with both passports?

The clerk issuing queue ticket will sort you out. 

BTW what date does your insurance policy start and what date are you applying for extension.

Edited by DrJack54

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The clerk issuing queue ticket will sort you out. 

BTW what date does your insurance policy start and what date are you applying for extension.

I haven't heard back from insurance co. yet re my (just-sent) application, so will apply as soon as I receive the policy. They said they can start policy on day it is approved. My stay extension expired a couple of weeks ago; I assume it will be not be problem to extend under the amnesty.

11 minutes ago, david_je said:

I haven't heard back from insurance co. yet re my (just-sent) application, so will apply as soon as I receive the policy. They said they can start policy on day it is approved. My stay extension expired a couple of weeks ago; I assume it will be not be problem to extend under the amnesty.

I would just have policy start asap. Once you have that date just go next day for your extension. Check with insurance company that they have sent details to have you on data base. A recent report where the insurance company overlooked this and chap had to return next day.

The result of your application will be of interest to many regarding the fact that you allowed your permission of stay expire and are applying now.

Good luck.

Edited by DrJack54