UK-born Islamic State recruit can return from Syria to challenge citizenship removal

webfact

She was 15 when she made this disastrous decision, motivated, no doubt, by the most altruistic of motives, that's all I can say really. After that life took over. We all live and die by our early decisions, the reason we don't give children adulthood until 18 at least. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 7by7 said:

This is not a valid point; the issue has nothing to do with the EU.

A member state's courts are, and always have been, independent of the EU. Except for matters relating to EU rules and regulations which individuals or member governments can, after the case has been heard in the member state's highest court, take to the ECJ. The commission itself can also take a member state to the ECJ if it receives a complaint that member state is not applying EU rules or regulations; but this happens rarely as most such complaints are resolved without going to court.

Except for matters relating to EU membership and treaties, laws made by a member state, including those relating to security and anti terrorism, have nothing to do with the EU.

Laws such as the UK Parliament's various anti terrorism Acts? All passed without any need to seek any sort of 'permission' from the EU!

In a reply to @Chomper Higgot you said

Freedom of movement plays no part at all in this. Since the principle of freedom of movement was first introduced in 1964 member states have had the right to limit it on the grounds of public policy, public security or public health (source).

When all the different directives on freedom of movement were combined into one in 2004, this was incorporated into that new directive (source).

Do you really believe this pony? Tell us; how many ex UK MPs have gone onto high paid, or any, EU jobs when they left Parliament. There's Kinnock and you could stretch it to include Ashdown in his role in Bosnia; who else?

If you want to present cogent arguments in order to reason with anyone, you should find out the facts first! 

Your posts I've quoted here contain none. As do many others of yours.

12 hours ago, 7by7 said:

This is not a valid point; the issue has nothing to do with the EU.

A member state's courts are, and always have been, independent of the EU. Except for matters relating to EU rules and regulations which individuals or member governments can, after the case has been heard in the member state's highest court, take to the ECJ. The commission itself can also take a member state to the ECJ if it receives a complaint that member state is not applying EU rules or regulations; but this happens rarely as most such complaints are resolved without going to court.

Except for matters relating to EU membership and treaties, laws made by a member state, including those relating to security and anti terrorism, have nothing to do with the EU.

Laws such as the UK Parliament's various anti terrorism Acts? All passed without any need to seek any sort of 'permission' from the EU!

In a reply to @Chomper Higgot you said

Freedom of movement plays no part at all in this. Since the principle of freedom of movement was first introduced in 1964 member states have had the right to limit it on the grounds of public policy, public security or public health (source).

When all the different directives on freedom of movement were combined into one in 2004, this was incorporated into that new directive (source).

Do you really believe this pony? Tell us; how many ex UK MPs have gone onto high paid, or any, EU jobs when they left Parliament. There's Kinnock and you could stretch it to include Ashdown in his role in Bosnia; who else?

If you want to present cogent arguments in order to reason with anyone, you should find out the facts first! 

Your posts I've quoted here contain none. As do many others of yours.

See my earlier post on not responding to you,if my posts upset you so much then put me on ignore .

• Haha 1