UK-born Islamic State recruit can return from Syria to challenge citizenship removal

webfact

5 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Nice try 49 but the article is dated TODAY therefore cannot possibly have been reposted.

He said 'repost a part of a post that was deleted', your answer refers to a repost of the article.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stevenl said:

He said 'repost a part of a post that was deleted', your answer refers to a repost of the article.

Thanks, but if that's the case today's article renders the image relevant, not least because Starmer was formerly the DPP.

Edited by evadgib

On 7/18/2020 at 2:00 PM, teatime101 said:

Are you American? Maybe if she open carried an AR15 it would be OK?

She was 15 when she left the UK. 15.

So what, she didn't come back at 15 and a half after witnessing what ISIS got up too, plus she tagged onto the next available bloke after her chap got wasted, plus having kids galore by 'em...She has another PP, if they don't want her, stay where she is...????

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Who has accused her of killing anyone ?

As teatime101 categorially stated that She hadnt killed anyone, surely its down to him to prove that statement, rather than being down to me to disprove it ?

If you cannot state she has killed anyone then she should not be accused. If you dont know then it should not even be mentioned.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

For sure, once this person has shown up in the UK, and had several days in Court, the Human Rights Brigade will campaign for her to stay.

Who is going to pick up  the bill for her protection ?. From the moment she steps off a Plane. 

This Woman will need 24 Hour 365 Day protection for the rest of her natural life if she tries to remain in the UK, such will be the level of hatred toward her for Her actions and lack of remorse.

If she is given a Prison Sentence, she will have to spend all of that in Solitary for her own protection.

Bagum will not be able to walk in the open Air, as other people do.

I know its not an easy subject to deal with, but the Government have really opened a can of worms on this one. 

If the govt acted legally then she will not have citizenship and be deported to where she does. 

Or are there different rules for citizens?

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, transam said:

So what, she didn't come back at 15 and a half after witnessing what ISIS got up too, plus she tagged onto the next available bloke after her chap got wasted, plus having kids galore by 'em...She has another PP, if they don't want her, stay where she is...????

What other pp does she have?

8 minutes ago, Sujo said:

What other pp does she have?

She was eligible for a Bangladesh PP, parents I believe, but it seems Bangles don't want to give her a PP, and rightly so, so she stays in her "husbands" country eh...????

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, transam said:

AFAIA she's never actually applied for ???????? citizenship despite having the entitlement to do so. That's where HMG came unstuck.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, evadgib said:

AFAIA she's never actually applied for ???????? citizenship despite have the entitlement to do so. That's where HMG came unstuck.

She doesn't have to apply, just being a child of a Bangladeshi citizen automatically makes her a citizen until the age of 21.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, johng said:

She doesn't have to apply, just being a child of a Bangladeshi citizen automatically makes her a citizen until the age of 21.

Also if the Bangladeshi government says otherwise? I don't see how the British judiciary or executive can decide she has Bangladeshi citizenship when Bangladeshi authorities state otherwise.

So I see her coming back and getting tried in the UK.

And yes, I think the decision to take away her citizenship was taken under tremendous pressure to do so, and was not a well thought out one.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Also if the Bangladeshi government says otherwise? I don't see how the British judiciary or executive can decide she has Bangladeshi citizenship when Bangladeshi authorities state otherwise.

So I see her coming back and getting tried in the UK 

Why doesnt she go to Bangladesh and take legal action against the Bangladeshi Gov for not giving her something shes legally entitled to ? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

For sure, once this person has shown up in the UK, and had several days in Court, the Human Rights Brigade will campaign for her to stay.

Who is going to pick up  the bill for her protection ?. From the moment she steps off a Plane. 

This Woman will need 24 Hour 365 Day protection for the rest of her natural life if she tries to remain in the UK, such will be the level of hatred toward her for Her actions and lack of remorse.

If she is given a Prison Sentence, she will have to spend all of that in Solitary for her own protection.

Bagum will not be able to walk in the open Air, as other people do.

I know its not an easy subject to deal with, but the Government have really opened a can of worms on this one. 

Taxpayers are already footing the bill although GDPR will prevent MSM reporting fine detail:

Boris Johnson has said ministers are examining the legal aid eligibility rules after a court ruled Shamima Begum could return to the UK to fight the decision to strip her of British citizenship.

On Thursday, the Court of Appeal ruled Ms Begum – one of three east London schoolgirls who travelled to Syria to join the so-called Islamic State group (IS) – could only mount a “fair and effective appeal” if she was in the UK.

Mr Johnson told The Sunday Telegraph: “It seems to me to be at least odd and perverse that somebody can be entitled to legal aid when they are not only outside the country, but have had their citizenship deprived for the protection of national security....

PM: Legal aid rules to be reviewed following Begum judgment

(the Sunday Telegraph's version is behind a paywall)

Edited by evadgib

33 minutes ago, transam said:

She was eligible for a Bangladesh PP, parents I believe, but it seems Bangles don't want to give her a PP, and rightly so, so she stays in her "husbands" country eh...????

So she has no other citizenship or pp. So the govt acted illegally.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Why doesnt she go to Bangladesh and take legal action against the Bangladeshi Gov for not giving her something shes legally entitled to ? 

Why should she. Seems the UK govt took away something she is also legally entitled to.

Edited by Sujo
  • Sad 1

On 7/18/2020 at 2:54 PM, CorpusChristie said:

How do you know that She hasnt killed anybody ?

Was the Kalashnikov she carried around with her her just a fashion accessory ?

Perhaps this post where you accuse her.

Edited by Sujo
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, johng said:

In which case how did the ????????'s refuse when this idea first surfaced and why aren't they picking up the tab?

4 minutes ago, evadgib said:

In which case how did the ????????'s refuse when this idea first surfaced and why aren't they picking up the tab?

Because she is born and bred UK citizen. Why should bangladesh want any involvement.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Opl said:

with very good reason .. " women’s role in Islamic State. Women were active propagandists, recruiters, ideologues, supporters of current warriors and producers of the next generation. They were involved in the abuse of other women, whether enslaved Yazidis, or in the al-Khansaa brigade, which policed women. "

https://theconversation.com/shamima-begum-how-europe-toughened-its-stance-on-women-returning-from-islamic-state-112048

these returnees presented as victims give us the middle finger. . 

Which has nothing to do with the topic.

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Sujo said:

They dont, they made that very clear. That is why the UK have illegally taken her citizenship away.

I'd say she renounced her British citizenship when she voluntarily went and joined ISIS.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, johng said:

I'd say she renounced her British citizenship when she voluntarily went and joined ISIS.

And you would be wrong. There is a legal way to renounce citizenship and by law she cannot be stateless.

She can be kept at her majestys pleasure for as long as the courts decide. But as for revoking citizenship, due course and natural justice must be done.

Edited by Sujo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sujo said:

She will most probably be in jail. But thats a seperate matter.

They could just put a tent on the one that appeared in Bristol last week ????

Edited by evadgib
  • Haha 1