Cheap Beer

thaiflyer1

3 hours ago, Nout said:

Places are doing deals on Lady drinks also. I am happy to buy hostess drinks when I'm in the mood. I learnt 30 years ago that lady drinks are an important part of the girls salaries.

Haven't seen much evidence of that..... would be happy to if it were the case. I was offered a special in Soi Cowboy, LDs down from the usual 200 to 100, but I had to buy for all the fat old mingers bothering me... `3 of them!

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Haven't seen much evidence of that..... would be happy to if it were the case. I was offered a special in Soi Cowboy, LDs down from the usual 200 to 100, but I had to buy for all the fat old mingers bothering me... `3 of them!

I did see one of the GoGos in LKM has LDs at 99 THB during Happy Hour 

Edited by Mike Teavee

Went past Zero Bar today.  I'm familiar with the bar, just not the name.  My last beer in there was pre Covid.  They used to have two or three young pretty girls out the front as the bait, but when you went in, you were swamped by the older larger girls and the young ones never came inside with you.

They get homeless people sleeping out the front during the day. 

Good location and sizeable square meters would equal high rent, plus a band to pay. 

At 39 baht, definitely running at a loss.   

3 minutes ago, kinyara said:

I can't imagine why the young ones wouldn't want to listen to your positive outlook on their country. 

It's about the "positive" pieces of folding stuff in my wallet. 

Do you think they care about anything else from any customer?  

As far as "positive outlook on their country."  Pattaya is known at "The World's Brothel."  For sure, something to be proud of.  ????   

On 9/15/2020 at 9:38 AM, Leaver said:

Sure, but there's a limit to how much people will pay.  As some stage, the price of a lady drink exceeds what the market is willing to pay, even for the 2 week millionaire tourists.

Would you pay 200, 250, 300 baht, or more, for a lady drink?      

I would certainly buy less but it would depend on the girl and my expectations of what my happen next. I was in a G club  last week and over a thousand baht was lady drinks out of 3k. It was my pleasure.  They gave me excellent service. Three times! I was in a low mood when I entered the place and they cheered me up and I certainly cheered them up. A good time was had by all. Good bar. Good Girls. Good service. Good music.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Leaver said:

It's about the "positive" pieces of folding stuff in my wallet. 

Do you think they care about anything else from any customer?  

As far as "positive outlook on their country."  Pattaya is known at "The World's Brothel."  For sure, something to be proud of.  ????   

It is not known by that name apart from morans and judgemental puritans. I have never in 30 years heard it described in such a way except on this forum usually by people who boast about never visiting the place.

3 hours ago, Leaver said:

Went past Zero Bar today.  I'm familiar with the bar, just not the name.  My last beer in there was pre Covid.  They used to have two or three young pretty girls out the front as the bait, but when you went in, you were swamped by the older larger girls and the young ones never came inside with you.

They get homeless people sleeping out the front during the day. 

Good location and sizeable square meters would equal high rent, plus a band to pay. 

Where is Zero bar?

3 minutes ago, Nout said:

It is not known by that name apart from morans and judgemental puritans. I have never in 30 years heard it described in such a way except on this forum usually by people who boast about never visiting the place.

Where else on the planet would you find so many prostitutes in a few square kilometre radius than Pattaya? 

Bankok is a big city, but it is concentrated in areas.  In Pattaya, it is city wide. 

What do you think put Pattaya on the map?  What do you think made Pattaya famous? It sure wasn't the beach.   

12 minutes ago, kinyara said:

From Hero to Zero, life at the top. ????????

When you rent, don't own a business, are single, have not adopted an extended Thai family, never sent money for a sick buffalo, pay an agent rather than locking up 800k in a worthless and now risky Thai bank, every day is "hero."   Gotta be on top of your game here.  ????

Edited by Leaver

3 hours ago, Leaver said:

When you rent, don't own a business, are single, have not adopted an extended Thai family, never sent money for a sick buffalo, pay an agent rather than locking up 800k in a worthless and now risky Thai bank, every day is "hero."   Gotta be on top of your game here.  ????

So you're a criminal committing visa fraud by using an illegal agent to stay in Pattaya. And you think that's being a hero?

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Leaver said:

You did not make it sound all that great... but only you know that, and I hope you enjoy life here.

Edited by jacko45k

3 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

So you're a criminal committing visa fraud by using an illegal agent to stay in Pattaya. And you think that's being a hero?

Not that tired old chestnut..... it is a legitimate Visa by an agent immigration are more than happy to deal with.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Leaver said:

Not sure why you think that is a bad thing. If generally there are no customers, 39 baht beers bring them in. Hopefully enough like the band, staff and location to stay once they put the price back up. Good business sense.

On 9/17/2020 at 4:21 AM, aussiexpat said:

That's the grey area Thailand likes to work in. 

Ever paid a hooker here?  That would make you a criminal as well.  Set up a Thai company to own a property.  That would make you a criminal as well.  ????

On 9/17/2020 at 7:47 AM, jacko45k said:

You did not make it sound all that great... but only you know that, and I hope you enjoy life here.

Covid aside, I love it here, but as one of the world's biggest red light areas, it attracts undesirables and criminals, not to mention the many prostitutes.  We all know it's not the family resort they claim it to be.    

On 9/17/2020 at 9:21 AM, aussiexpat said:

Not sure why you think that is a bad thing. If generally there are no customers, 39 baht beers bring them in. Hopefully enough like the band, staff and location to stay once they put the price back up. Good business sense.

So, it's only the 39 baht beer that attracted them in the first place, but they will stay when the beer price goes back up to 85 or 90 baht. ????

As so as the price goes up, they will be gone.  

On 9/17/2020 at 4:36 AM, faraday said:

Add to that; & pretends to live here.

Been living here full time for a couple of years.  Have travelled Thailand and South East Asia extensively. 

Let me guess, you have only been to Pattaya and the village in issan.  ????   

2 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Has to be the most amazing hypocritical post ever. You hate it, every post you make in the Pattaya thread is dripping with negativity and doom and gloom. 

If this is how you think of a place you love, hate to think what you say about places you mildly dislike 

Don't confuse my comments on the harsh economic reality here, the corruption, and Pattaya / Thailand's poor governance, with my general happiness and quality of lifestyle here. 

Pattaya is not perfect, far from it.  Nothing wrong with discussing the imperfections.

You are not even in Thailand.  ????

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

So, the waterslides, the wildlife attractions, the malls with restaurants and theaters are only for the hookers and johns, got it.

Are you suggesting you see lot of western families here? 

You see the occasional Russian family, but not too many.   

On 9/17/2020 at 4:21 AM, aussiexpat said:

Where does the word illegal come into it? Some of them been in business for 20 years and the police have no record of complaints against them. 

• Like 2

On 9/17/2020 at 9:21 AM, aussiexpat said:

Perhaps they are targeting the lucrative backpacker market.  39 baht beers and 50 baht buckets with complimentary crushed up mosquito coils.   ???? 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Leaver said:

Perhaps they are targeting the lucrative backpacker market.  39 baht beers and 50 baht buckets with complimentary crushed up mosquito coils.   ???? 

Disaster..........the barstewards have put the price up to 40 baht, thats that place blown out !!!...........lol

1 (3).jpg

• Haha 1