Rouhani says 25 million Iranians may have been infected with coronavirus

rooster59

19 hours ago, stevenl said:

The terror attacks you see in the western world are Sunni, no Iran involvement at all.

If you ignore attacks in Argentina, Bulgaria, India and even Bangkok. Or ones directed against critics and opposition abroad - were several of these during the last few years in Europe alone.

18 hours ago, stevenl said:

Yes, they fund Hamas and other ME organisations. Calling that terror depends on ones perspective.

Terror around the world funded by Iran, as you claimed, no, and that does not depend on perspective.

Funny how "perspective" and "international law" are apparently interchangeable for some. That you and others on here support certain causes doesn't change the fact that actions taken by some of the parties supported by Iran are clearly defined as terrorist acts.

As for the latter, definitive, nonsense statement - factually incorrect, unless you're following an made by order definition.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Morch said:

If you ignore attacks in Argentina, Bulgaria, India and even Bangkok. Or ones directed against critics and opposition abroad - were several of these during the last few years in Europe alone.

Funny how "perspective" and "international law" are apparently interchangeable for some. That you and others on here support certain causes doesn't change the fact that actions taken by some of the parties supported by Iran are clearly defined as terrorist acts.

As for the latter, definitive, nonsense statement - factually incorrect, unless you're following an made by order definition.

Since I know exactly where you're coming from, I'm not going to answer, I will not be drawn into that discussion again. But you mentioning 'international law' is not a good idea here.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Since I know exactly where you're coming from, I'm not going to answer, I will not be drawn into that discussion again. But you mentioning 'international law' is not a good idea here.

Nah, you've just made another one of them definitive, yet unsupported claims. Can't back it up, so hiding behind this or that excuse. Why would mentioning "international law" not be a good idea here, though?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Morch said:

Nah, you've just made another one of them definitive, yet unsupported claims. Can't back it up, so hiding behind this or that excuse. Why would mentioning "international law" not be a good idea here, though?

I know who makes things up but thats not for this topic.

Edited by Sujo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Morch said:

No, all you have is a vague, ad hominem insinuation, that's off topic by itself.

Not an insinuation at all. A factual point. Do try looking at the topic.

Iranians in general are wonderful people, much nicer than those that think they are terrorists And basically applauding the deaths by virus.

Edited by Sujo
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Not an insinuation at all. A factual point. Do try looking at the topic.

Iranians in general are wonderful people, much nicer than those that think they are terrorists And basically applauding the deaths by virus.

Insinuation is what it was. And nothing much to do with my posts, either.

Wouldn't know that your generalizations about Iranians are "factual". Don't know that I said anything about Iranians (as a people) being terrorists, or applauding deaths by virus.

Do try looking at the topic, or at the very least, posts you respond to.

12 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Reading the back and forth of 2 posters having a Pee contest, pretty sad guys, get

on with your lives and quit wasting space on this forum.     Just agree to

disagree with each other already.    At least Iran is not giving some ridiculous low

number of deaths and infected people.  Their past history and present day situation

is known around the world, and especially if you google for info, there is a ton of it

about all countries in the world.    Hard to hide the real truth anymore, and if you do

there is a larger ton of the fake news in servers around the world as well.

Geezer

"...At least Iran is not giving some ridiculous low number of deaths and infected people."

Define "Iran". The headline and quote are Rouhani's, and are based on a ministry of health survey/research. Even the OP itself relates other official reports varied greatly regarding figures and analysis. I have no idea whether the high estimates offered in the OP are correct, but would guess less than claimed, but more than the lower figures quoted previously.

It's also worth bearing in mind Iran's domestic political issues, and related interests when dealing and/or commenting on the Corona situation. It's been used as a political tool and platform by both sides there.