Koh Samet Is Deserted

rooster59

Koh Samet Is Deserted

1595063004703-960x0.jpg

RAYONG, July 18 (TNA) – The ferry pier of Koh Samet was virtually deserted as a very small number of tourists visited the normally popular island this weekend.

The quiet atmosphere followed the report that a recently visiting Egyptian soldier was infected with the coronavirus disease 2019.

Although it was weekend, the Koh Samet Ferry pier in Banphe area was deserted. A very small number of tourists showed up to board ferries to Koh Samet. Ferry operators said the number of tourists dropped by 70% after the island reopened 18 days ago.

Full story: https://www.mcot.net/viewtna/5f12bae4e3f8e40af846a07f

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2020-07-19

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, George Aylesham said:

Another reason for lack of visitors maybe the 200 THB payment foreigners must make when they get off the boat.

They dont care as its so popular with Bangkok weekenders.

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Donkeys years ago some little prat was after the money before I even got onto dry land! Had jumped into a foot or so of water and was wading in.

Its almost like that again now with soldiers on every beach waiting for the speed boats!

Edited by SunsetT
  • Like 1

I love Samet but getting there from Bangkok is an absolute nightmare unless u r prepared to pay for a taxi or risk life and limb in the minibus Grand Prix. Last time I tried the public 'big' bus service from Ekkamai it took nearly 2 hours of crawling thru traffic to reach the motorway road signs to Suvarnabhumi where I had just come from via the airport rail link, and almost 6 hours in total to reach Bam Phe! There is also no bus service now to Rayong from Suvarnabhumi bus station as there used to be. I dont understand why there isnt a good direct private 16 seat bus service as there is to Hua Hin. Im sure that it would pay. I think It stinks of it being some sort of mafia controlled taxi route as it is so popular with Bangkok weekenders.

Thai economics - The Ambassador has raised its prices twice in the last month for use of amenities; Bangkok hotels are refusing business - some are still closed, others are charging London prices.  For the first time I am using airbnb.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

Thai economics - The Ambassador has raised its prices twice in the last month for use of amenities;

"Special" price "Standard IT" room 15th Jun till 31st October at the "Inn Wing"

Ocean Wing prices 1st July till 31 October.

P_20200720_111004.thumb.jpg.c702fcd43ae1d1fea5ba4aa90dae3f36.jpg

P_20200720_111211.thumb.jpg.ac5f7a9068f17fe3a2d0369c9a40599d.jpg