Over 90% of Thai people want a total ban on foreign arrivals

webfact

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Funny how when people express an opinion or a preference, and it runs counter to their own narrative, some immediately assume it's a result of "brainwashing".

Read my post above, it might enlighten you

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Over 90% of Thai people want a total ban on foreign arrivals

1459 !!!!!

Almost they should let come some foreign journalism professionals in to teach them how to write a real and objective newspaper article.  Not misleading as is the case.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Hmmm.

Actually the reason we not want foreigner NOW is because of stupid foreigner with covid. 

Thailand win covid. Because we listen to medical doctor. 

Some foreign countrys eg if you not “lefty” you will refuse wear a mask.

You fight about statues. Black and white. 

Covid is not politics. Is medical. 

Six month ago thai people wear mask, social distance, stay home, close the pubs etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. 

Now, July, UK, USA Australia think masks is good idea. How stupid! Really.

Because your fighting about wear mask etc etc covid situation now is terrible in the world. Thai not have local infection more than one month already= only way get covid is if foreigner bring it. 

Other countrys ban foreigner same. Sensible. Thailand start relax, live again. But the Eygyt one show can change terrible quickly. 

WHEN you control covid be welcome back to Thailand. 

Sure. 

Many thai anger now some countrys so selfish make problem worse. 

What are you doing???? 

FB4A455B-75E0-408B-A884-1089FBB5E7AC.thumb.jpeg.e68aed78580b6abcd96169c841b33aa6.jpeg

Thailand covid improve.

In world Covid is unimprove. 

If we allow foreigner come with covid

1) the economy close again

2) we die

no thankyou.

imo, asians have a high herd immunity because of all the plagues they have been exposed to,

and europeans almost as high due to silk road / trade with asia,

china have exported nearly every pandemic to europe over time.

native americans & africans have a much lower immunity

Edited by scammed
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

On the question of how to prevent a second wave of infections, 94.51% want the Government to forbid all foreigners from entering Thailand, 86.41% suggest stringent screening processes, 83.80% say people must wear face masks and regularly wash their hands

Sorry, I have to admit I'm not very good at statistics, but can someone explain the percentages regarding the 1,459 people questioned in this survey?

My weak maths gives me a total of 264.72% questioned and answering to reach the percentages shown in the article.

Probably the reason I'm not good at these sort of statistics given in polls; 100% numbers which can be manipulated into whatever they want broadcast. And to think that people actually believe .........................

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Not that I'm poll trusting guy, I'm not, but imo a better poll would be 3000 people, 1000 connected to the tourist industry in coastal areas, 1000 in BKK connected to the hotel industry and 1000 of general populous. My guess is that the result would be different.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

1459 !!!!!

Almost they should let come some foreign journalism professionals in to teach them how to write a real and objective newspaper article.  Not misleading as is the case.

Applies to most Thai newspaper articles.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1