How do Decent Thai women find Decent Expats in Thailand?

6 minutes ago, lexlam said:

To drive for a camping trip with the family,,,, no option only to pass the gate,,

However, I scrapped away that kind of trips to visit natural parks,,  it's unfair and unecessary matter, 

Not true,

My misses drives the pickup with the kids and gear.

Me and my bicycle unload before we get to the front gate.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

Met my Thai wife the old fashioned way.  In a statistics class in the USA where she was a graduate student.  

So not on a website where she wrote "Me decent woman only 38 year old, drink a little, love outdoors, looking for decent man. No teachers please"?
Edited by Logosone
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Enzian said:

Knew that word would trigger someone, but I meant it loosely and left it in. Of course they are not, but tell me what % of HiSo ladies are looking for Nigerians or Indians? Racism in Thailand is a reality that I did not create, look at all the actors in Thai commercials.

why no farang boyfriends in Thai soap operas?

We are the prize, gentlemen. We are the big pot of gold. The shiny diamonds. They want us. They desire us. They will look for us in the classroom, in the bars, on the internet.

They have only one shot. One. They need to make it count. They will look and look. They are looking for you now!

19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not true,

My misses drives the pickup with the kids and gear.

Me and my bicycle unload before we get to the front gate.

Need to use a bike to escape the gate,, got it, but this idea is not always convenient,

the best is to implement an equal fare for everyone,, foreigners are not consuming extra oxygene or polluting the natural place ????

2 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Me simple girl. Only 38.  Very decent. Like Thai Whiskey but only little.

and not drinking to mut.

Jus 1 bottle a day of The Balvenie 50 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Speyside .

Falang vely rik. No ploblem 555

• Haha 2

I've been single in Bangkok for over 4 years.  I've met 2 western women through Tinder but neither of those went beyond having a drink together.  I've chatted to a few Thai girls but their ability to make conversation was so bad I gave up and never met any of them.

I'm currently chatting to a 36 year old Thai girl who has an ok job (no idea what her salary is yet) and seems to be able to have a (typed) conversation without my resorting to language a 6 year old would understand.   I've already discovered her family are poor rice farmers, which would normally be the deal breaker, but I figured I'd at least keep chatting with her until I'm ready to meet her (in a few weeks I guess).  

I'm looking for someone in the 36-46 age bracket, but most Thai women who are over 35 and still single (or divorced) seem to really let themselves go and start dressing and acting very homely. It's almost as if they think they are no long young therefore they have to become almost middle aged.

As far as those girls you met, one thing they really should do is make it very clear on their dating profile that they were overseas educated and can speak English very well.  I see loads of girls who are attractive but I will never say hi or match with them unless they've written enough that I feel their English is very good.  

I hate that dating has gone online, I much prefer meeting someone in a bar, having a drink and a laugh and if we like each other either going home together or arranging to meet again.  But that isn't the way 35 year old and up Thai women find their partners and so online dating seems to be the only option.

4 minutes ago, seancbk said:

I've been single in Bangkok for over 4 years.  I've met 2 western women through Tinder but neither of those went beyond having a drink together.  I've chatted to a few Thai girls but their ability to make conversation was so bad I gave up and never met any of them.

I'm currently chatting to a 36 year old Thai girl who has an ok job (no idea what her salary is yet) and seems to be able to have a (typed) conversation without my resorting to language a 6 year old would understand.   I've already discovered her family are poor rice farmers, which would normally be the deal breaker, but I figured I'd at least keep chatting with her until I'm ready to meet her (in a few weeks I guess).  

I'm looking for someone in the 36-46 age bracket, but most Thai women who are over 35 and still single (or divorced) seem to really let themselves go and start dressing and acting very homely. It's almost as if they think they are no long young therefore they have to become almost middle aged.

As far as those girls you met, one thing they really should do is make it very clear on their dating profile that they were overseas educated and can speak English very well.  I see loads of girls who are attractive but I will never say hi or match with them unless they've written enough that I feel their English is very good.  

I hate that dating has gone online, I much prefer meeting someone in a bar, having a drink and a laugh and if we like each other either going home together or arranging to meet again.  But that isn't the way 35 year old and up Thai women find their partners and so online dating seems to be the only option.

I know a few. In real life, they look different then their beautiful pictures. Age is also questionable.

Never married and no kids but many uncles and nephews. (555)

I can give you a few contacts.

• Like 1

Not in the bars, massage shops, or online "dating sites".

In addition, if she drops her nickers with in the first few dates ... beware!

์Now some will argue they found their sole-mate on some walking street, or if they start their sentence with "She is not like the other Thai girls working at the (massage shop, bar etc...") I am pretty darn sure "Cash Money" Has or Had something to do with longevity of the blissful relationship. 

BTW, for the record I am married to a Thai Registered Nurse, for the past five years who has never asked me for money while we were dating, engaged or for the sin sod (we shared that amount), and continues to contribute toward all purchases.

Basically, my answer to your question; in polite venues, just like back home.

Edited by DrMJA

3 minutes ago, DrMJA said:

In addition, if she drops her nickers with in the first few dates ... beware!

Why would you meet someone that didn't a second time?

If you enjoy sex with someone, then you'll probably want to see them again.

PS

Was plenty of nurses freelancing at 'Hotshots' in Chiang Mai in the good old days.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Let's assume that Dan was right, and they were decent girls ............. (and forget the boozy warning signs)

If they've done without sex until they're 30 years old, they probably won't change after marriage, and what guys gonna take that chance?

What defines a decent girls for you? 

My definition of a decent girl is one who is attractive with a good education (preferably overseas), a good job that pays a reasonable salary (30K plus), obviously having been educated overseas she can hold a conversation in English and watches TV in English.   

I expect her to be no different to 30 or 40 something Western women, enjoy going out drinking and clubbing (not that there are any decent clubs left in Bangkok).  

Added bonuses:  Her parents and siblings can converse in English, she doesn't want kids, she doesn't bother with religion and she's progressive enough to not need a marriage certificate instead understanding that a permanent relationship doesn't have to be based on marriage.

Still searching for that woman (unicorn).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, seancbk said:

One that's a virgin on her wedding night.

Doesn't drink alcohol, and married the only guy she ever dated.

All dates to have been in the presence of her parent or close family member.

This is what I expect of my step-daughter.

(Up to her though, I don't demand it, she can choose not to be decent)

She's almost 23, slim, attractive and a NES, and also fits your definition of decent, as well as mine.

Except for the job, she finishes university next year, just doing her CV now.

Don't expect the sin-sot to be cheap!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, seancbk said:

My definition of a decent girl is one who is attractive with a good education (preferably overseas), a good job that pays a reasonable salary (30K plus), obviously having been educated overseas she can hold a conversation in English and watches TV in English.   

I expect her to be no different to 30 or 40 something Western women, enjoy going out drinking and clubbing (not that there are any decent clubs left in Bangkok).  

Added bonuses:  Her parents and siblings can converse in English, she doesn't want kids, she doesn't bother with religion and she's progressive enough to not need a marriage certificate instead understanding that a permanent relationship doesn't have to be based on marriage.

Still searching for that woman (unicorn).

So without your shopping list a lady cant be “decent”

No wonder you’re still searching. 

Edited by Kadilo

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

So without your shopping list a lady cant be “decent”

No wonder you’re still searching. 

Of course she can be.  There must be millions of lovely Thai women who don't speak a word of English but are very nice people. 

Problem is my Thai will never be good enough to hold a proper conversation and being able to talk to the person I'm with (and I don't mean talking at a 5 year old level) is as important as how good they look. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seancbk said:

Of course she can be.  There must be millions of lovely Thai women who don't speak a word of English but are very nice people. 

Problem is my Thai will never be good enough to hold a proper conversation and being able to talk to the person I'm with (and I don't mean talking at a 5 year old level) is as important as how good they look. 

I think we differ in our definition of what is “decent” 

There are many decent ladies who don't happen to tick all your boxes. 

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

One that's a virgin on her wedding night.

Doesn't drink alcohol, and married the only guy she ever dated.

All dates to have been in the presence of her parent or close family member.

This is what I expect of my step-daughter.

Sounds great!  I always wanted to meet you in person.