Bars reopened

Mrfox

15 hours ago, mpyre said:

Mass tourism had gotten out of control over the past 20 years, and in quite a few countries the tourism tail was starting to wag the economy dog, in not a healthy way. This is the great reset.

i agree fully, mass tourism has made people lazy and arrogant with inflated prices this will wake people up

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why is that funny?

Many bar customers don't want to be seen on any pictures. It makes a lot of sense for a lot of guys...

Are you for real?

So today all bar owners make pictures without a single customer on it, where before they would do just the opposite to brag how successful they were? Yeah sure

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Susco said:

Are you for real?

So today all bar owners make pictures without a single customer on it, where before they would do just the opposite to brag how successful they were? Yeah sure

not in gogo bars, open air beer bars may be different

58 minutes ago, Susco said:

Are you for real?

I don't know where you spend your time. In the bars where I go nobody is allowed to take any pictures of anybody.

Edited by OneMoreFarang
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The best two bars in Nana were supposed to open on the 7th July. That was delayed. Then they were supposed to open on the 15th. They had big count down counters on their websites.

I didn't go look since then but I looked again at their websites to see the pictures of the re-opening parties. There are no pictures. I guess that is information enough to know that the big re-openings didn't go so well.

What are the 2 best bars? The bars should have life-sized photos of the girls unmasked and in uniform.

18 hours ago, Pottinger said:

Face shields, masks, distancing? Who would even bother?

Customers don't have to wear shields but I suppose whether you'd bother or not depends on the type of customer you are and the type of bar that you're patronising.  Not everyone is looking for a tart for the night, having a few drinks, eating, chatting, playing pool, whatever isn't affected in normal bars.

Edited by Bob A Kneale

16 hours ago, Susco said:

I see many FB posts about Pattaya bars showing all the ladies, but no customers.

In one such posts a customer asked, but what about the customers?

Bar owner replied, we are not allowed to post pictures from customers.  55555555555555555555555555555555555555

What's so funny, how many men want their pictures all over Facebook showing them in girly bars?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

What's so funny, how many men want their pictures all over Facebook showing them in girly bars?

This is not about what customers want, bar owners including the one who made comment have been posting pictures of their clientele on facebook all the time in the past, and I bet they never asked permission of the customers.

This one claimed that COVID rules prevented him from posting pictures

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't know where you spend your time. In the bars where I go nobody is allowed to take any pictures of anybody.

You like to contradict yourself, isn't it?

Wonder why you made this post if your drivel is anything to go with.

I looked again at their websites to see the pictures of the re-opening parties. There are no pictures. I guess that is information enough to know that the big re-openings didn't go so well.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, brommers said:

Here in Chiang Mai the bars in the tourist areas are dead. I doubt if many of them will last a few weeks as there is little chance of any decent number of domestic or international tourists coming here. The city and the province are doing nothing to attract visitors so it will soon be a wasteland.

On the flip side, I really enjoy my visits to tourist-free Chiang Mai.  The wind has been ripped out the sails of the hard-sell crowd that prey on tourists such as touts and scam artists.  Now there's only a handful of people in the down-town area - imho...perfect!  I'm enjoying it while the government promotes economy destroying measures.  Eventually they may wake-up and decide that controlling their populations via dictate was fun and they got to enjoy making the public dance on strings, but the strategy only works in the short-term.  Eventually everyone gets sick and tired of 'new normal' as 'new normal' poverty becomes the catalyst for civil discontent and those responsible for the economic destruction end up in the working segment of society's cross-hairs. Elite Thais are Thais: they are loathe to lose face.
But until then?  Enjoy the down-time in 'new-normal' Chiang Mai!  :happy:

39 minutes ago, Susco said:

This is not about what customers want, bar owners including the one who made comment have been posting pictures of their clientele on facebook all the time in the past, and I bet they never asked permission of the customers.

This one claimed that COVID rules prevented him from posting pictures

You like to contradict yourself, isn't it?

Wonder why you made this post if your drivel is anything to go with.

I looked again at their websites to see the pictures of the re-opening parties. There are no pictures. I guess that is information enough to know that the big re-openings didn't go so well.

Many have sometimes pictures of their girls online when they have some special parties. That is no contradiction at all.

Who want's to see pictures of the customers? And who wants to see pictures of themselves in girly bars? 

I am too afraid myself to go into one, and sounds just too silly with social distancing at these places. My buddy did go to the place tat starts with B and P in walking street, and he said they follow the guidelines face shields, etc. But clubs like B0ne and Billy wood, none of that applies... No wonder they cant get it under control. 

8 minutes ago, Mrfox said:

No wonder they cant get it under control.

Can't get what under control? Thailand has reported zero new local cases every day for 63 days straight now.

That beats the Chinese record which was about 55 days I think ????